{Chapter 16 - Watch and Learn}

[Art Credit to Soppaghetti on Twitter]

[Warning: Suicide is mentioned in this chapter]

[Hunter Examination Arc - Phase 3]

You woke up inside a dark room and groaned. You tried to move your arms but realized you couldn't. You could feel a cold, hard object keeping you from moving. Maybe handcuffs?

Suddenly, some lights flickered on, and you realized you were stuck inside a glass box. You looked outside the box and saw another glass one. 

Inside the other glass box, chained up were Takahashi and Kato. Where was...

Oh no...   O_o

You looked in front of you to see Hisoka, who was chained up inside the same box as you. And let me tell you this: there wasn't a lot of space inside the box. 

It was about a meter in length and width, and about 7 feet in height. The box was barely wide enough for one person. 

I mean, it was, but one person being stuck in there made it extremely claustrophobic. Two were on a whole other level. Hisoka was legit like about half a foot away from you.

You then started to look around and realized that the two glass cages were inside a room, which had patterns on the walls, similar to the previous phase.

'Hmm... is it just me or some of them look familiar?'

('・ω・')?

You felt something wet at your feet and looked down to find out your sneakers were soggy, and water was filling up inside the box from some sort of pipe. 

'M-my socks are wet...!'  T^T

That's when you started to panic. 

A monitor and intercom at the front of the room turned on. "Lady and Gentlemen, here is the second challenge of Trick Tower! Since the last one was so easy, I made this a little harder...

Your group has been divided into two teams and put into glass cages slowly filling up with water. If you look around the room, you may find symbols similar to the ones in the previous room. 

These symbols will help you with the answer. If you work together with your partner, find out the answer to the riddle, your chains will be released. 

However, if you had done the previous challenge correctly, you would've recognized some of the patterns on the walls."

The way he said patterns... it was a hint!  :D

"As you work to make your way out, keep this in mind, water is slowly filling up. Only one team can make it through, and if neither team does, then both drown

Anyways, the riddle will be on the screen in case you forget, but I'll tell you it now. 

I am always around but never seen. I am often avoided, but you can't outrun me. I will come when you're old and grey, or maybe even the very next day. I will come with a cold embrace and give you rest with a chilled kiss on your face. I come in may form of emotional state, whether it's irony, love, laughter, or hate. I am everyone's final fate.