{Preface}

You hadn't really thought about it. Death. It was very, very easy. Quite simple in fact. Painful or painless. Fast, or slow. Whatever way it would be, it would be bound to happen. It was inevitable. 

So fast... an entire life, gone. At the snap of a finger, or the clap of a hand. Just... gone. It was scary to think, how some people could just take other lives, without even thinking much of it.

You hadn't ever given a thought... about how you would die. Ordinarily, you would've had a reason, on how, or when you would've died. Accident? Disease?

...

Murder?

...

No. Death had to be earned as well. 

...

You would rather die than be here. Than be stuck with him

...

You would've had everything planned out if you had known. What you would've accomplished before then, who you would've said goodbye to last- but you would've never thought of this

...

You could kill him, but you would die too. 

You looked up into his eyes, as he stared down back at you. You gazed into his eyes, deep into the dark abyss of his orbs, as your breath hitched, and your body froze. He smirked, his eyes piercing into yours as if he was peering directly into your soul. 

You could feel the aura he had surrounded himself with. It was dark and threatening. You wanted to end everything right then and there but...

Despite him hurting you...

...

There was a part of you that didn't want to hurt him...

...

He stepped closer to your shivering body, and leaned in, resting his head in the crook of your neck. You shuffled a bit in discomfort, as you could feel him smiling against your delicate S/C skin. 

You trembled, and closed your eyes.

He could sense your distress, and darkly chuckled. He backed up, and then harshly lifted your chin up and looked into your fear-filled eyes once more. The look he had...

...

One only a killer could have...

...

His eyes almost glowed in the darkness.

...

Goddammit! If only you hadn't come here... it was a trap...!! If only you had known from the start. You shouldn't have taken the Hunter Exam, you shouldn't have gone to Heavens Arena. You shouldn't have come to Yorknew City...

You shouldn't have split up with Killua and Gon, you shouldn't have spoken to him, and you especially shouldn't have run off to investigate on your own...

Trusting him, and becoming his friend... was the worst decision you've ever made.

...

It was all his fault. He knew you would come here. He knew, how you felt towards him. 

...

You wouldn't say it was hatred but... if not hatred... what was it?

...

You should've just given up on achieving your dreams. You would never find about your past. You would never find out who you truly were. Coming here was a mistake. Even thinking about it was wrong. 

...

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end anyways...

[Quote by Stephanie Meyer]