❁ Lost Chapter pt. 1 ❁

It was beautiful...

You pick up a purple daisy and take in the fragrance. It was pretty rare for flowers to grow around here. 

In Meteor City, the ground was often too trashed for anything to grow, and it only had a couple of patches of grass here and there.

When flowers would grow... they would get crushed. It was so sad... the most beautiful flowers get picked first. The most beautiful flowers die...

"Beauty comes with a price"

Those were the only words you had known from your mother, who you never knew what she looked like. You could remember blurry faces and muffled voices, but that was all.

Otherwise, you had grown up in this city.

Alone. 

All you knew was how to survive. Not live. In this city, there was a saying that the inhabitants here had a bond described as "thinner than water, and yet thicker than blood". 

From a young age, you learned that reality was a painful prison. It was like hell was empty, and all the demons were here. They resided within people. Everyone. 

And those who chose to feed their demons, their souls, their emotions, were the cruelest of all.

And the actuality of this world was that no one was born like this. Black hearts weren't born black. 

They were burned. 

You strolled along the edge of the broken sidewalk and stared at the fields of trash. You were empty inside. Had no reason to live. 

Yet, you still did.

To uncover the truth. 

The truth behind this city.

Who your father really was.

Why you were here.

And your reason to live. Your reason to exist. A reason, a reason, a reason...

A reason he looked at you like there was anything worth looking at...