{Chapter 3 - Future}

[Day 1 of the pre-hunter exam - pt. 3]

The ship arrives at the port, Dolle Harbor, and the four of you get off. Gon ahead of everyone, you and Kurapika following along, and Leorio at the back. 

"Arigato, Captain! I had a great time!" Gon exclaimed. 

You all waved goodbye at the captain as you walked up to the city map. As everyone was examining the map and arguing about which way to go, something caught your eye. 

Something was following you guys. Someone. And clearly this guy was skilled, skilled enough for Gon and the others not to notice, but he couldn't conceal his presence. 

You shrugged it off. 

"Huh, that's strange... according to the notice I received, the exam should be somewhere in Zaban City..." Leorio mumbled. You put a hand on your chin and thought a bit about that. 

"Where'd you get that information?"

"From the Hunter exam website."

"Ah..." You nodded and followed along with what Gon was saying.

"We need to go to that Cedar tree." He points at a tree on the map. "That's what the captain said!"

"Maybe you heard wrong?"

"No, he told me to head towards that tree."

"He said it's a shortcut."

"And this notice isn't any help AT ALL! Where, exactly, in Zaban City are we meant to go?" You could tell Leorio was getting frustrated. 

Kurapika closes his eyes and crosses his arms. "Our task is to find the examination site with a limited amount of information."

"It's just another test until we're allowed to take the true Hunter Exam," you continue. "However, there's a possibility there may be more."

"I-I knew that...!!" Leorio fumes. You chuckle a bit, while Kurapika remains unfazed. 

"Anyways, I'll go have a look! The captain must've had a reason to suggest that." Gon walks ahead, leading everyone. 

"Oye, oye. You're serious? The bus to Zaban is about to leave!" Leorio points to the bus behind him, but you ignore him and walk alongside Kurapika, with your hands in your pockets. 

"H-hey...! Come back-" 

"Gon's behavior interests me more than the captain's advice. I'm going with him." 

You just give Leorio a glance and shrug. "That bus had too many people anyways... I'll get claustrophobic."

"That' s not reasonable-" He stomps his foot and walks the other way. "It was nice knowing you guys, despite not knowing ou for very long-" He pauses, as he overhears a conversation between two people in an alley. 

"Seems none of the buses made it to Zaban city. Apparently rookies end up failing this part because they're too naive."

Leorio's eyes widen and he runs back toward you three. "Chotto matte, matte, matte...!!"

~~~

"Well, I knew you guys would be lonely without me. And anyway, it's no fun traveling alone." 

You chuckle at his excuse, and the four of you travel along. You could tell the mysterious guy was still following you, and once in a while, you stopped to check.