{Chapter 33 - Good Luck}

[Zoldyck Family Arc]

"Friends...?" Kalluto whispered, and raised an eyebrow.

'What are friends?'

Before he could say anything, his mother spoke up. "KALLUTO-CHAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She shrieked and screamed at him. "COME OVER HERE!"

"Yes, Mother," he replied and ran off towards her. 

You felt a little bad for Kalluto. Under different circumstances, the two of you could've been friends. After all, over time you had even managed to become Illumi's friend. At least, that's what you told him. 

~*~

[Recent Memory]

You stared outside as it lightly drizzled. Illumi silently sat beside you, watching the rain. 

"Y/N," he murmured. You didn't turn to him, and instead just rested your head on the back of the seat. 

"Mm?"

"What... what is a friend?"

"A friend is..." You trailed off, wondering whether you should answer it or not. "A friend is someone who you can trust. Someone who understands you, helps you, someone you can talk to. They're there to support you, and lead you through the right path. 

Someone generous, kind, honest, loyal, and just someone that you can be yourself around. Like... you'd be comfortable around. You know?"

"..."

"Ah, well an example would be... Hisoka. He's your friend, isn't he?" You told Illumi, and then instantly cringed at the thought. They didn't fit any of those categories you listed. However, they were both killers so...

'I mean they are similar in ways...'  (。_。)

You turned to Illumi, and give him a light punch on his arm. "You're a friend too," you told him. "My friend."

"Is that so?" He asked, and then stared down at where you had touched him. "What was that for?"

"I don't know."