{Chapter 6 - Lose my Mind}

[Hunter Examination Arc - Phase 1]

The crowd started to break up, and you give the smiling clown one last glance and run back to the others, practically leaping into Kurapika's arms. 

"Y-Y/N you're trembling—" He looks at your cap for a second, and then pulls something off. "There's a sticky note on your cap..."

He hands you the note, and you read it. 

_______________________________

Y/N, is it~?

Thank you, I shall repay the favor.

See you~!

_______________________________

"Uh..." You turn to Kurapika and hand him the note. He examines it and gives it a shrug, and the two of you walk back to the rest. 

"I would avoid him. Just know that... I'll protect you." You smile and pat his head, despite him being taller and probably older than you. 

Tonpa starts to explain who that guy was. "That psychopath is back again..."

"Again?" At this point, even Gon's expression had changed. The usual smile he had wasn't there, instead replaced with a look of worry, or even shock. 

"Does that mean he's taking the exam again?"

"Correct, Y/N. Number 44. Hisoka, the magician."

Hisoka, huh? That's interesting...

"Last year, he was a virtual lock to pass the exam, until he all but killed an examiner he didn't like."

H-he's that strong?! He killed an examiner...?!

"A-and they're still allowing him to retake the exam this year?" Leorio sputtered. 

"Of course. Every year, the examiners and test content change, and the examiners are the ones who choose the new content. The devil himself could pass if that were the examiner's determination." 

"So that's the reality of the exam..."

"Correct again. That's just how the exam works. And anyway, no one likes him. You should stay away from him."

"Oye, maybe he's just... lonely? We could try being friends with him...!" You try to cheer them up, but everyone was still shocked by what had happened.

What are you, stupid? Trying to be friends with a psychopath...

It was just a joke of course. There was no way you could even approach him. But when Tonpa said 'anyways, no one likes him' that just... hurt a bit.

Tonpa just looked at you like you were stupid or something. He groaned, and just decided to keep his distance in case you tried something stupid, which of course you didn't mind.