{Chapter 5 - Apologize}

[Hunter Examination Day]

[The beginning]

As the four of you came near the landing, Gon started to tell you about his ideas. "Isn't it great that we all passed?"

"It's too early to celebrate. We've merely earned the right to take the real exam. From there on, everything will be much for difficult."

"Cheer up will you, Kurapika?" You shoot him a grin, and he just shakes it off. 

"Oye, what's wrong with celebrating a little? We're making progress!"

"And look how far we've made it here together...!"

Soon enough, you all arrive at Zaban City, where the true Hunter Exam was supposedly being held. Where you were dropped off, was in the middle of a huge market. 

You looked around in curiosity, at all the beautiful ornaments and items on sale, and all the different kinds of people there. 

"Kurapika, look...!" You grabbed his hand and dragged him to a nearby stand, where they were selling Taiyaki (Japanese fish-shaped cakes). "Let's get some for us, and Gon and Leorio!"

"H-hey, Y/N—!" A slight blush had crept upon his cheeks when you had pulled his hand. "We don't have time..."

"I have a bit extra change in my pockets, enough to get us four or five Taiyakis...! You all must be hungry, not having anything the whole day..." After a minute or two of convincing Kurapika and getting the cakes, you jog back to the other two. 

"Y/N-chaaan, you can't just dissapear like that!"

"Gomen nasai, Gon, but look...!" You held up the cakes you had gotten. Gon jumped up in joy, and Leorio thanked you. Kurapika just stood back and admired you, a smile slowly forming on his face. 

The Kirito family flew off, leaving only their blue-haired son to navigate you four to the examination site. 

"As navigators, our job is to identify worthy Hunter applicants and guide them to the examination site. In other words, it would be extremely difficult for someone to reach the site without a navigator's help."

Didn't he already say that...? Bruh. 

Oh, wait, nevermind. He's reading that off a piece of paper.

You shook your head at the thought, not paying attention to what's in front of you, and accidentally trip on your shoelace and bump into Leorio. 

"Oye, watch where you're going, Y/N...!"

"G-Gomen nasai..." You started to apologize again. 

Ah, Y/N, why do you have to be so clumsy? T^T 

As you bend down to tie your laces, and you notice Gon running here and there. "Gon!" You pull him back by his collar. "You can't get distracted by all the items here. They're just gonna scam you."

"I agree with Y/N. We must get to the exam site, as that is our first priority."

"Ahh, okay, okay." 

"You know... Zaban city is quite a shady place." Leorio adds on. 

"Prosperous cities like this one, tend to attract all sorts of nasty types."