{Chapter 12 - How about it}

[Hunter Examination Arc - Phase 2]

You hung there, deep in thought. A couple of others were starting to get impatient as well and were dropping, only to be met by death. 

At this point, everyone's arms were starting to hurt a bit. Even yours. Sure, you had arm strength, but your legs were stronger. 

Gon and Leorio watched curiously as you swung your legs over the web, and hung upside down. You had burned off all the food you ate before the exam, during the First Phase and while cooking, so you were totally fine with dangling like that. 

"Why can't we go now?" Leorio asks. 

"There's no wind."

"There's usually an updraft to carry us back to the top," you add on to Killua. 

"Th-then how long are we gonna wait...?!"

"Matte..." Gon tells everyone to be quiet and wait, and he closes his eyes. Everyone's attention turns to him. 

While you hung upside down, you noticed something. The edges of the web were starting to deteriorate, because of the weight of everyone.

"Uh, Gon—"

Suddenly, one of the edges ripped a little, and everyone on that strand rocked, cutting you off. 

"N-nanda?!" Leorio's eyes widened. 

"The web won't hold us all!" Kurapika shouted. 

"Damn, I can't wait for an updraft...!" A man yelled, and a couple more dropped out. 

"Kurapika, Leorio, from down here I can feel a light breeze. When it reaches up there..." You watch at Gon with a determined look. "Gon will let you know. I... I trust him."

You make a thumbs up, and Leorio groans. Despite Gon's eyes being closed, he smiled and went back to focus. 

Abruptly, the web lowered even more, and just before it snapped, Gon opened his eyes. "Now!"

Instantaneously, everyone let go. You gracefully let yourself fall into the abyss, obtaining an egg, and securing it in your arms. 

You and everyone else freely fell into the ravine.

About a second or two later, there was a huge updraft, and everyone who had lept at the right time flew back up. 

Menchi and Chairman Netero looked at everyone with a smile, and then Menchi turned back. "What about you guys? I guess you quit," she laughs. 

"It takes courage to concede too," Netero adds. 

~~~

Everyone's eggs had been boiled together, in a huge pot. You carefully took your egg and took off the shell, and dove in. 

"Mm...! It's so good!" You exclaim. Gon gives you a toothy grin and agrees. After eating about half of the egg, you turn and decide to give the other half to someone who hadn't passed. 

You walk up to one the men who had given up, and offer your boiled egg, congratulating them for trying their best. 

They gave you a weak smile and took the egg. Then you trotted back to the others. 

"I can see why they're called dream eggs," Kurapika stated. 

"THESE ARE YUM— ACK!" Leorio started choking on his boiled egg. You patted him on the back and handed him some water you had obtained from a vending machine on the airship.