{Chapter 18 - Thin Ice}

[Hunter Examination Arc - Phase 3]

Time seemingly slowed down around you, as you fell in slow motion. The height from which you fell, was about 60 ft. Your hair flowed and covered up your face as you fell.

The man at the top of the beam cackled, watching as you plummeted.

Hisoka's eyes widened, and he ran towards you at an incredible speed. Then he jumped up and smoothly caught you in his arms.

 'Y/N, you can be so careless~'

He thought, and softly smiled. 

He held your delicate body examining you for any wounds or injuries. His eyes wandered to your chest and he smirked, but then he shook his head, telling himself not to get distracted.

He held your body close, close enough to where he could feel your heartbeat in sync with his. He could feel your warm breath on his chest. Your body was warm and soft, in contrast to his. 

Hisoka's body was built hard, which was a result of his muscles and abs. 

He held you in his arms for a second and examined the place where you had gotten hit. There was a cut on your side, where a knife had grazed you. It was from the one-on-one fight you had in the beginning. This made him raise his eyebrows. 

Hisoka gently set you down on the ground, in a safe spot from where he could see you, and stood up, facing the man up ahead. 

He jumped down from the beam and eyed Hisoka. Hisoka's eyes widened a bit, as he was slightly surprised and impressed. 

This man was an adversary from his past. 

"Let's take this somewhere else, shall we~?"

The two walked into another room, that the dome had been connected to. The man walked in first, Hisoka slowly following behind. 

When he stepped in, the gates closed behind him, and candles all around lit up. Hisoka seemed amused.

"I've been waiting for you... Hisoka!"

"I'm not an examiner this year

"I'm not an examiner this year. I'm here for revenge." He explained and stood up. "Since last year's exam, all I've focused on was killing you. The funny thing is, as I've grown a lot, you haven't changed one bit. Except for that girl you seem to have your eyes on."

He whips out two curved daggers and holds them out to his sides. "Today I'll get payback, for my scars!"

"Hmph~ Those scars merely show you were an incompetent examiner. You're blaming me for your own inadequencies~"