{Chapter 23 - Sorry}

[Hunter Examination Arc - Phase 4]

"Kurapika, Leorio...!" You called out their names, as you ran towards them. The two turned around to see you. 

"Y/N..." Kurapika mumbled as you engulfed the two boys in a hug. You smiled and looked up into his grey eyes. 

His eyes... dull, grey eyes... they reminded you of some—

You winced, and clutched your head, as a sudden jolt of pain shot up your body. It burned. Kurapika's and Leorio's eyes widened, and the two grabbed you to keep your standing. 

"Y/N, are you alright?"

The pain was almost unbearable, and you wanted to scream. "Kuso..." you muttered under your breath, and fell to your knees, clutching your head. It burned so, so bad.

And then... it was gone. Just... gone. You felt as if nothing had ever happened. Leorio fumbled with his briefcase, as he searched through it for some kind of medication. 

Kurapika held your body close to his, and your head was up against his chest. You could feel his fast heartbeat because he was worried. You tried to push him off, assuring him it was alright, but he insisted.

Leorio pulled out a bottle of Benzodiazepines (stress relief drug) and pain killers. You gave him a weak smile and held up your hand. His eyes softened and he looked at you in worry.

"Y/N, are you sure you don't need anything?"

"Y-yeah, I'm alright... and Gon and I heard everything, from your encounter with Hisoka. Are you guys alright?"

"Don't worry about us. You need to get some rest... and where's Gon?"

"Gon... his target is Hisoka. It's his fight, so I..." You trailed off. "I left him on his own.

"Ah, naru hodo," Kurapika responded.

Then the three of you continued walking, as you spoke about your journeys. You explained how a man killed a bird you were trying to save, and then he chased after you, and how you leaped through the trees and got him stuck in a trap. Then you told the boys about your crappy morning and the bird poop and sticks in your hair. 

Then when you proceeded to tell them about how your target was Gittarackur, and how he got trapped, and when you saved him and he gave you his ID tag. And the part about how he was scared of a toad. 

You told them everything, leaving out the part about how his face changed shape. You felt like it was his secret, and maybe he had a reason for looking like that. Whatever it was, you probably weren't supposed to see that. 

As you explained everything, Leorio rolled his eyes. He looked bored, but Kurapika intently listened to everything. He smiled when you talked and rambled.

"Aaaand, that's it. What about you guys?"

"Finally you're done... anyways, I'll talk about my dangerous encounter with Tonpa—"

"In which you got tricked by Tonpa and another applicant, and a monkey stole your tag. I beat them up, and obtained my tag, and saved you," Kurapika cut him off. You laughed at this, and at Leorio's expression, who was fuming.

"OYE, KURAPIKA—"

"Well I'm right, am I not?"

"Damare!"