❁ Lost Chapter pt. 4 ❁

[A year after Canary's kidnapping]

You approached a half-buried car in the ground. You then dusted off the top and sat down, a bowl of instant-ramen in hand. 

As you waited for the ramen to become soft, so you could mix the flavoring powder and seasoning oil in it, a boy approached you. 

He had a small stature but was also lean and muscular. He had black, mid-length hair, grey eyes, and a pale complexion.

'Ah, it's him.'

He didn't speak that much either. When he did, his speech usually comprised a few words and poor grammar. His personality was a little cold, as he'd never really answer your questions, but rather follow you around. 

He was one of Chrollo's friends.

You'd see him quite often. Sometimes more often than you'd see Chrollo. But you didn't mind... after a while, it gave you this sense of safety. 

Like his presence became so natural. That sometimes it was weird not having him around.

But today he was walking towards you.

 You looked down at the ramen in your lap and opened up the lid. Then you poured in the flavoring powder and seasoning oil, all while avoiding eye contact.

Then, quietly, he sat down beside you. Just a foot or two away.

And the two of you silently sat there, gradually starting to enjoy each other's presence. You two didn't speak much, but the silence was nice.

You mixed the ramen with some chopsticks and blew on it. Just as you picked up a couple of noodles, you looked over at him.

Then you tilted your head to the side, gesturing towards the spicy food, asking if he'd like some. He politely declined and just watched.

"Mm... OUCH—" You put some in your mouth, and then instantly spit it out. It was still hot, and you had just burned your tongue.

What made it worse, you being clumsy, spilled some onto your lap.