Chapter eight

Classes were over for today. Nothing much happened. Some people were asking about what happened and I refused to give details about what occurred last night. If I do, students are going to go around and start to talk about it. Lumi wouldn't appreciate that. That gives her something to add on to her list of reasons as to why she doesn't like me. 

As our punishment, Lumi and I are spending our time in the conference room, stamping seals on invitations for the Grimmdale Ball. A ball where everyone around Grimmdale are invited to this massive formal with really good food and amazing music. This will be my first time going.

Lumi and I didn't share any contact with each other. When we first walked in the conference room, I greeted her, but she didn't say anything back to me. Just do what Willow and Amity said and then she'll warm up.

"These are a lot of invites." I muttered, "A lot of people must have returned to Grimmdale after the attack." 

"No it's because after your dad died, Headmaster and Vice Headmaster Grimm decided to let half, hybrid, and mortal born witches and wizards to attend the ball now." Lumi replied, "I'm glad that your father isn't the headmaster anymore."

I darted my head towards Lumi, "Are you saying my dad deserved to die? Lumi, I don't know what your deal is with me, but there's no way that I am going to let you talk about my dad like that."

"Relax, I'm  not glad that your dad is dead." Lumi sighed, "In fact, I feel bad that you lost him at a young age, but don't act like he was a good person before he changed." 

"You think I don't know that?" I scoffed, "I knew he was an asshole, but he was still my dad. My mom and I loved him and he loved us enough to change." 

"At least your mom is with you and she actually loves you." Lumi grumbled, "In a few days, I might have anymore family if I can't save my father." 

"Are you saying what happened in the woods was my fault?" I spat, "What was I supposed to do?"

"You should have minded your business and went back to your dorm." Lumi said, stamping another seal on an invitation.

"Edward, how do you know him?" I asked.

"He's an acquaintance." Lumi stated.

"Well you mentioned that he stayed with your family and this Kai per-"

"You should not know who that is." Lumi hissed, "Don't even ask my friends about him either."

"They're my friends too, Lumi." I said, "I just want to know who Kai is and why do they matter to you."

"And that is something you should not know, now please stop asking about him." Lumi said 

I continued to stamp the seals on the invitations and Lumi was doing hers. Seriously, what is her problem with me? I know Amity said that she doesn't dislike me because my family has done something to her, but how do I know she isn't covering that up so I won't ask Lumi about it? 

In the town library, every family has an archive book about them. I can go to the library and look for ours to see if dad did anything wrong to Lumi's family. 

-----

After Lumi and I were done with the invitations, I left the conference room and went to the library. There has to be something in our family archive that can help me figure out why Lumi hates me.

I left campus and further down into the town. Everything has changed since I left home, so it would be hard trying to remember my way to the library. So many buildings have been rebuilt and relocated that I have no clue where I'm going.