Chapter ten

Students clamored and tried to squeeze in next to others. Everyone either has confusion or fear on their faces. I saw an empty spot next to Yuki and sat down next to him. He looks as if this is normal to him, but it's not.

"What's this about Arthur escaping?" I whispered to Yuki, "I have never heard this alarm before at all." 

"I thought it was a drill." Yuki answered, "Then Professor Hemlock came and told us that Arthur escaped from Grimmdale Penitentiary. After the Le Fay Battle, Headmaster Grimm placed in an alarm system that connects to the penitentiary, so when a dangerous criminal escapes, it'll go off and the school would be put on lockdown." 

That is new and beneficial, I'll give Grimm brothers that.

Headmaster Grimm stood on the stage and raised his arm. Everyone settled down and the headmaster looked at all of us. His eyes rested on mine and he shook his head. 

"What was that look about?" Yuki asked.

"I'll tell you and the others later." I replied.

"As some of you may have heard, Arthur Le Fay has escaped from his cell." Headmaster Grimm said, "I know all of you are worried, but if we follow protocol by not going out of the school and we let the authorities do their job, there will be no reason to panic. We aren't sure why Arthur has escaped and what he has planned, but I'm sure we will all handle it."

By we, you mean the police you coward.

Headmaster Grimm continued to go on about what other measures we have to take. Besides the new alarm system, there are so many initiatives that he has to take. I mean, Arthur is a threat to everyone here. Headmaster Grimm then mentions the chapreye gem outside. That was made after Gareth was killed. In case the gem happens to get hit, it alert us about the threat. I don't see the point in keeping it then since we have the alarm system.  

"Like I said, I don't want you all to panic." Headmaster Grimm restated, "Now, you all may return to class. Please be careful and warn your family about the issue."

We all got up from our seats and left the auditorium. I broke away from everyone and paced down the hallway. Headmaster Grimm called out for me. I let out a low sigh and turned around to face him. If he is going to try to justify what he did to dad, then I don't want to hear it.

"I noticed that you weren't interested, but it would do us good if you take some consideration to this threat and don't do anything crazy that will put all of us in danger." Headmaster sighed. 

"I will take this threat in consideration Headmaster, but sitting here and not doing anything would make things worse." I spat, "We need to do something." 

Headmaster Grimm rubbed his temples, "Rowan, we talked about this."

"But if you could-"

"Rowan, please." Headmaster Grimm interrupted, taking a deep breath. "Please get to class."

"Fine." I muttered, "But Headmaster Grimm, Arthur is planning something to get to me. I would be ready for anything if he does attack. You should too."

If he isn't going to help me, alright fine. I have other people who can help me.

-----

Willow told me to meet her and the others outside for lunch. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that too to get away from the other students. I took my tray outside and sat down with everyone.

"By the way Jiao Long, who was that boy who was training with you, Lumi, and Xanthe?" I questioned.

"That was Klemens, the descendant of the Little Mermaid." Jiao Long said, "He's also Lumi's cousin."