Chapter nineteen

I am livid. There is no way that I am going back to London. I had just returned home after being away from here for eight years. I was glad to see my mom and old neighbors again. I was glad to be in a place I was familiar with. The friends I made. Being myself where no one can say anything different about me. Being around Lumi.

Back in London, I was bullied for everything. Staying in London doesn't and never will make me happy because I don't belong there. I'm a black sheep in London and not one here. Grimmdale is and always will be my home. London won't, and I am sure as hell that I won't be coming back to there.

Headmaster and Vice Headmaster Grimm stepped out of the room. Mom was arguing back and forth with Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Jasper about me going back to London and staying here. It feels like that they are a bunch of toddlers arguing over a kids meal toy and who gets to keep it.

 That's me, I'm the toy.

"I am her mom!" Mom argued.

"And you were the one who gave us to her when Harkin died." Aunt Charlotte protested, "She should be allowed to stay with us."

"Are you kidding me?" Mom spat, "I didn't get to celebrate her birthdays with her, didn't get to see her start school, see her do her first spell. She didn't even get to attend her own dad's funeral."

"We didn't either." Uncle Jasper chimed in, "You could have sent us a sympathy card."

"A sympathy-" Mom paused, going back to the original conversation. "Rowan isn't going back with you guys and that is final." 

"She wasn't supposed to be here anyway." Aunt Charlotte stated, "We told her that she is not allowed to attend that school."

But I am though. There has to be a way for me to stay here. I can tell Charlotte and Jasper about the friends I made. I was able to learn so much at Grimmdale Academy. I just need to go through my recovery and figure out a way to get my powers back from Arthur. I am not going to go back to London with Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Jasper. 

However, I am powerless. I don't have anything I can use to defend myself with. No magic, no apex ability, I'm basically not a witch anymore. I don't even know if Carmine is still with me. She has to be with me, right? Carmine would only go away if I were to die and I'm still here, so she has to be here with me.

"Mom, what about Carmine?" I asked, "Is she still here?"

"She's still here, but she's at my house." Mom responded, "Poor thing has been whining all night because she was worried about you."

Okay, that's good. I'm assuming since I still have the potential of getting powers (maybe), I still have Carmine with me.

"Rowan." Aunt Charlotte called, "You have no magic, so you don't have a reason to stay here."

"You can come back to London with us, finish your last year at Walton Academy, and find a college to take a theatre production class." Jasper added, "Won't that be a good thing?"

"I already told you two that she won't be going back to London." Mom frowned, "Rowan, you aren't going back. Are you?"

There doesn't seem to be any options for me to get me to stay here. I have no magic or any help from the people back at Grimmdale Academy. Arthur is probably out there looking for me and is coming up with some plan to kill me and everyone here. I have to go back.

"Rowan." Mom breathed, "Please tell me that you aren't going back."

"Now that I think about it, I have no choice but to go back." I muttered, "I don't have any magic anymore. I won't even call myself a witch."