𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"To think you are the human, that Muzan Kibutsuji has been using

"To think you are the human, that Muzan Kibutsuji has been using..." Giyuu trailed off as he averted his gaze once he got a good look at the woman in front of him. " I wonder what is so special about you..."

Daichi stood beside his childhood friend, still surprised that the leader of the demon slayer corps decided to grant his request for a pillar to come to Asakusa, Tokyo. "You are the water hashira, Giyuu Tomioka right?"

Y/N's childhood friend stepped forward and offered his hand, which Giyuu only gazed at blankly. The atmosphere grew awkward, and he cleared his throat returning his hand to his side.

"..." Silence was all he received, as the water pillar decided not to answer him and not to shake his hand, since he already knows who he was and did not know how to interact with both of them.

" Ara ara, this is why people do not like you Tomioka-san!" A cheery voice piped in, as a purple eyed female shorter than him landed beside the male pillar. " Ignore him, it's what all the Hashira's do."

" I am the Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho." The female introduced herself, as she stared at Y/N who gazed back. "You are Y/N L/N, correct?"

Y/N hesitantly nodded as she felt her heartbeat quickened.

"Oyakata-sama, our master has asked us to deliver a letter to you." She continued, as she took a letter out of her haori. " Rest assured, Tomioka-san and I were not sent to take you in. All that was asked of us, was to deliver this letter that we do not know the contents inside, and finally to patrol the City."

"Patrol the City?..." Daichi mumbled as he was grateful Oyakata-sama decided to approve of his request. "Thank you so much!"

"And we are here for 3 days, waiting for your reply." Shinobu smiled as she finished analyzing the female.

Just like Tomioka, she did not know what was special about Y/N. There was no use of her from what she could see, maybe because she provided a good human cover for the Demon Lord.

That's the one of the things that are possible, or much worse he was planning on consuming her.

"... L/N-San, are you perhaps a marechi?" The Insect Pillar asked, as her amiable smile was still present. She tilted her head when she saw the confused look the young woman gave her.

Giyuu continued to stay silent in the background, letting his fellow pillar do all the talking. As he knows that he would only get teased by Shinobu once he starts opening his lips.

A depressed sigh escaped his mouth, as he averted his gaze when he felt Y/N's stare. She probably wondered why he was still not talking.

"A Marechi?..." Y/N muttered loud enough for the Pillars to hear. "What is a Marechi?"

"A Marechi is a human with a rare blood type that is favored by them. it has a higher consumption than a normal human." The purple eyed woman answered. "Daichi-San has mentioned that you got attacked by a demon inside the City."

"A demon wouldn't dare expose themselves in the heart of the City, maybe hide themselves in alleys and wait for their prey." Giyuu ignored the teasing look Shinobu sent him as he added words to her statement. "But they wouldn't want to attract demon slayers either, so a demon attacking you might be because of your blood."

"Ara-ara Tomioka-san, finally decided to join the conversation? I actually thought you were going to be silent for the whole trip." Shinobu teased which shut up the male pillar.

"As of now, there are three reasons I can make a theory of why Kibutsuji was with you." The female Hashira continued, as her face grew serious. "The first is, you are being used as a cover for us demon slayers not to find him."

"Second is, he was going to devour or kill you in the near future." Shinobu noticed how her face went pale and continued. "And third..."

"It can't be that worse than being devoured or killed right?" Daichi gently rubbed his hand in her back, as his childhood friend started to tremble from fear. He can't blame her though, as Tsukihiko or Muzan was a demon after all.

He was internally delighted that he was right, but was sad for Y/N for being betrayed and played like a fool.

"The third reason I can think of... is that Muzan was planning on turning you into a demon."