𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

ISABELLA WATCHED THE DEMON LORD ENGAGE IN WORK while maintaining a poker face. She overlooked the woman's severed body next to his table.

The dark brown-haired woman said, "You have been in a good mood lately, my lord."

 He has recently been grinning smugly, which she thought was pretty odd. Like he was aware of something that she was not.

Muzan placed the test tube he had been holding in his right hand on the test tube rack and grinned. "You've noticed. I'm feeling very well right now.

'It's unnerving.' Isabella thought about it and rolled her eyes internally. 'As if no one would notice that creepy grin on your face.'

The plum-eyed demon inquired and turned his head to Isabella, saying, "Tell me, do you have a goal?"

'What did her goal have to do with this?' he asked abruptly, leaving her puzzled and deciding not to directly answer.

She looked into his eyes and said, "I think everyone has an objective; we all have goals in mind, no matter how big or small." "My Lord, why do you ask?"

"For a thousand years, my goal has not changed, and now I can finally accomplish it." He stated this as he grabbed the hair of the decapitated head and raised it to his eye level. Not disturbed by the dead woman's gaping mouth due to her being frightened earlier.

"For centuries, I have waited for this opportunity, and it seems I have found it instead of the Upper moons." He muttered the last part bitterly.

The smug expression on his face would have been more irritating if his words hadn't revealed the fact that she didn't know the seriousness of the situation.

"The blue spider lily." She gaped at him. She heard about it once but did not know why this particular flower was quite important to him.

Akaza was muttering about it one time, and she accidentally heard it when she saw him. He kept talking about a blue flower that Muzan wanted to find. And of course from Douma as well, another bastard that she hated.

That bastard almost ate her one time; if it wasn't for Akaza interfering, she would have been long dead.

And her goal could never be accomplished. Just thinking about it makes her blood boil.

The answer she got was a much more smug face if that was possible. It was quite disturbing seeing Muzan this thrilled; in the whole decade she has known him, the only emotion he frequently showed was irritation, frustration, and, of course, being a narcissistic bastard.

Maybe it was because he is an immortal being, but despite all that, Muzan is a big coward who frequently disguises himself so that those demon slayers, or in his own words, those "obsessive freaks," do not find him.

The woman with the decapitated head might have been his recent disguise, but she wonders what happened to have caused him to kill her and remove her head. Muzan was well aware of what he might attract if he killed a high-profile woman.

The dead woman was the beloved daughter of the Governor of Tokyo. She met Lady Chiyo a few times as she played the role of the demon lord's assistant, and she pitied her because she ended up marrying a monster in disguise.

She deduced that Muzan must have met Y/N while he and Chiyo-san were in Tokyo visiting his father-in-law. It explains why he was gone for a few days before coming back in a better mood.

Isabella finds it quite unnatural that a supposedly powerful demon lord is afraid of those demon slayers. Especially that boy with the Hanafuda earrings, she witnessed how Muzan dispatched his two minions and ordered them to kill the boy. And she can't forget how he froze—it was as if he were reliving a memory.

She deduced that Muzan might have faced someone who had almost killed him; his reaction that night gave her the answer. That is why she knew Muzan was a coward; he is afraid to kill the organization he despises and relies on his upper moons to kill Hashira.

It is such a shame that whoever nearly killed him is dead.

What she wouldn't do to bring back the person who almost killed Kibutsuji alive. But for now, she'll have to play with whatever resources she has.

"The blue spider lily," At her words, the demon lord raised an eyebrow and faced her completely. She did not feel a change in his aura, so she continued. "What about it? It's connected to Y/N, isn't it?"

"Maybe, maybe not." His eyes were twinkling with mirth, and his lips were twisted into a sardonic smile. "All you need to know is to not lose her trust; as of the moment, that woman doesn't trust anybody. Good for her."

"She finally learned why people say not to trust strangers; isn't it amusing?" She did somewhat agree with what he said, but she supposed that it was because her brother kept her in the dark.

"She'll be paranoid as long as she's trapped here; why don't you take a walk and take her with you?" Muzan suggested it slyly, which she, unfortunately, did not notice because she was too focused on what the blue spider lily is.

He walked towards her, placed his hands on her shoulders, and patted them gently. She was baffled by his actions and why he kept acting out of character. Like he was not his usual self. Whatever discovery he made must have been quite valuable for his attitude to completely change.

The demon leaned toward her ear, his lips grinning with amusement.

"I trust you'll do exactly what I expect of you." He whispered before leaning away. "You are the only person I trust, Isabella. Never change."

All she knew was that she could never trust a word that came out of Kibutsuji's mouth. But she'll take the given opportunity and take his beloved Y/N away, even if it's the last thing she'll ever do.

"I shall do as you say, Muzan-sama, and take Y/N for a walk."

𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆

Hope you liked the chapter and I'll be writing the next chapter when I have time! Thanks and sorry for the long wait 😭😭