𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

" I see... It seems I arrived just in time. You did well, against a demon Y/N.." 

Muzan's here... And he saved her.

Y/N wrapped her arms around his waist, and pulled the black haired male into a tight hug. She buried her face in his chest. Her action surprised him, and he returned the gesture. Burying his face into her hair, inhaling her hypnotizing scent. 

Her Scent was driving him crazy.

 And Muzan stroked her back gently, he felt her heaving and shaking. Then her breathing slowed until her cries stopped. 

What she didn't see was the harsh glare, the progenitor of the demons sent towards the creature that almost hurt Y/N. 

The female demon froze, as she began to shake in terror. Her reaction was the same as every demon who encountered Muzan. 

They become terrified, by his presence. 

Just the thought of them being scared shitless, brought an amused smile on his face. That disappeared after a few seconds. 

As his left hand was about to retrieve his handkerchief, and offer to Y/N in order wipe her tears away. He remembered that the handkerchief, was soaked with blood from the woman earlier. He clenched his jaw in irritation, and plastered a fake smile on his face. 

" Y/N go ahead, I'll find you." Muzan wiped her tears away from her beautiful face and caressed her cheeks affectionally. She didn't know why, but his simple touch or caress sent a wave of butterflies, that coursed through her veins. 

She flushed and went red, as this was the first time Muzan touched her on her cheeks affectionally. The Progenitor noticed this but stayed silent, and continued to stare at her with his fake smile.

" N-No! W-What if you g-get eaten, b-by that demon.." Y/N tried to reason and gripped the hands that are placed on her cheeks. 

" I am touched that you care for my well being. But do you remember, what I said the first time we met?" Muzan loosened his hold on her cheeks and placed them on her shoulders instead. 

" Let's just say... that demons fear me."

Y/N slowly nods and watched in confusion, as she felt his hands let go of her shoulders. He took off his white Fedora, that he was wearing. And instead placed it on top of her head, taking a step back to admire how she looked like now.

" Now Y/N do as I say, and you will be just fine. How about this... wait for me at the usual place? I'll meet you there, you have my word." Muzan gave her a gentle nudge, before he handed her the paper her brother gave them which shocked her. She thought that it was in the hands of the demon.  

He watched as Y/N ran away from the two of them, slightly hesitating. She didn't want to leave Muzan behind, as he might die from that female demon. For now she trusted him to keep his word about meeting her after this.   

As soon as she wasn't around anymore, the fake smile plastered on his face dropped. Immediately turning around to face the terrified demon.

" It's you again..." He scowled as the female demon dropped on her knees and bowed." I thought I made it clear, that the female is off limits?" 

" I- I didn't k-know that i-it was h-her my  L-Lord!" She stuttered and gulped, as she realized  the situation she was in, that she might never make it out of this alive. 

" At least you know, that you won't make it out of here alive." Muzan walked towards the demon who was surprised that he read her thoughts. " I can hear your thoughts, you moron." 

" B-But I- I haven't k-killed her--" The Progenitor sent her another glare that silenced her. 

" If I have not arrived or intervened on time, then yes she would have been dead." Muzan bitterly said, as he kicked her. The force of his kick sent her crashing on the wall, leaving a huge dent that shook the building. " You did a wonderful job, of understanding not to kill that female." 

" She is just a human, my Lord! J-Just like the others. She is just livestock." She emphasized the word human, she felt a chill went up her spine. Before she knew it, Muzan grabbed her by the neck, raising her a few feet above the ground. Just like what he did on the mysterious human earlier.

" Are you talking back to me?" Veins appeared on his forehead, as anger rose in him like a tide. " How dare you... You shall die." 

" M-Master! P-Please don't k-kill me." He ignored her pleas and when he was about to insert his sharp nail on her forehead. He heard multiple shouts marching towards the alley he was in. 

He clenched his teeth, and dropped the female demon on the ground. Grabbing her chin forcefully. 

" Do not think that you are going to live for long." His grip on her chin tightened, that he could hear her bones cracking. " You shall die, whether you like it or not. That is the price for disobeying my orders."

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I was buried with a lot of projects this past weeks making me have a shit sleeping schedule. And I was going to update last night, but ended up getting sick. Thank you for reading this chapter! Have a nice day, and stay safe. <3