21:. Press To Restart

Right now, we are like the clock hands at 12:30.
We have our backs to each other, looking at different places and trying to forget everything.
We are like the clock hands of 12:30
Walking towards the place where we won't be able to return to...

Hyun's POV
My hands gripped the steering wheel hard and my feet felt heavy. I lied about going to Sherri's house because I didn't want them to find out that I was planning to do something. The only way for me to live normally again; was to forget everything. Forget all my friends, forget my past, and most certainly forget Vinn and the others. I pulled over to my apartment and pulled the car into park.

I sat on the hardwood floor and stared at my phone. Minutes felt like hours and I didn't move a single limb. I started to dial a number without hesitation.

"Hello! This is the Second Year University Hotline! If you have any questions, press one. If you would like to talk to a staff member, press two. For enrollment and cancelation options, press the pound key." The automated voice message spoke.

I clicked on the pound key.

"Please wait while we take you to a trained speaker." The automated message replied and elevator music followed.

"Hello there! How may I help you today?" A sweet lady's voice appeared.

"I-uh would like to postpone my scholarship please." I bit my lip and gulped.

"We're sorry, but we can't actually POSTPONE a scholarship. It's only you go to the school and you get your scholarship or you drop out." The lady replied worriedly.

I spoke a few words with the lady and immediately hung up the phone. I sat there with my legs crossed crying and crying like there was no tomorrow.

"This is the best choice." I mumbled to myself. "This is the best choice. This is the best choice..."

---------------------------------------
Vinn's POV

Hyun didn't show up for her practice today. Sherri and Ivy were blowing up my phone, asking me if I knew where she was. I didn't want to bring up what happened yesterday, so I replied blankly to the text messages. I really wanted to ask Avery to see if he could check up on her, but I didn't have his phone number and I doubt if I ask Syung for it and she would give it to me.

"Babe!" Syung called out loudly.

"Huh-what?" I replied stunned since I was really worried about Hyun.

"Our marriage is coming up soon!" Syung replied happily.

"Oh-right. Hey, can I borrow your phone for a minute?" I asked quickly to change the subject.

"Uh-why?" Syung asked curiously as she thought I was up to something.

"I left my phone at Avery's place, so I was wondering if I could come over and pick it up." I replied persistently.

"Ok! I'll call him right now!" Syung offered and walked away with her phone placed lightly on her ear. "Hello? Avery?"

I slid my hands into my pockets and awkwardly leaned against the wall, waiting for Syung to finish.

"Ok! So, Avery said that he will come and pick you up since he's really strict on handing his address to anyone." Syung explained cheeky and gave me a sight peck on the cheek." Don't make him mad!"

I nodded in agreement and speed-walked to the closest exit and sighed in relief. Wait, did Avery get the hint or does he think that I actually left my phone? No, no he's actually really clever, so maybe. I sat myself onto a curb and waited for a car to pull up. Suddenly, a slick black car pulls up and almost runs me over like a pancake.

"Get in." Avery said while rolling down the tinted window.

"No hi? No How are you?" I teased and threw myself in the passenger seat.

"You don't deserve one. After what happened last night." Avery flied at me harshly.

"Hey! Don't blame me! My stomach was actually hurting last night from eating Syung's cookies. Bleh," I gagged.

"Haha yeah, she's HORRIBLE in cooking. But I have a question. Did you get a text message from Hyun recently?" Avery asked curiously.

"No? Why?" I looked at Avery and he seemed like he was worried.

"Usually Hyun would text me 'Good Morning' or something everyday, but today she hasn't answered her phone or read my texts." Avery implied and swerved hard on a left turn.

"Do you think.. That this relates to what happened last night?" I pondered." Hold on, let me call Sherri."

Phone Call Starts

S: Howdy How!

V: Hey Sherri! How's it's going?

S: Eh, okay I guess. Hyun's not here to practice with us, so it's difficult for us.

V: Can't you just call her to practice?

S: I haven't got a hold of her since 2 days ago

V: But didn't she stay at your house last night?

S: dude. Seriously? One, my dorm is the only 'house' that I'm living right now. And two, she wasn't even at the campus at all.

V: uh-okay then. Nice talking to you!

S: see yah!

Phone Call Ends

"I knew it." Avery growled and pulled into a 7-eleven parking spot."I knew that she lied!"

"Woah. Woah, Avery calm down." I said softly while moving my hands up and down.

"No! I can't calm down! She did this last time and I couldn't find her for months!" Avery mumbled loudly.

"Months?" I asked curiously." Are you saying that sh-"

"Yeah. We need to find her fast before she does anything harsh."

「Tugging On These Heartstrings」On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara