18:. I Thought You'd Understand

Vinn's POV

I was sitting beside Yejun just drumming away while he hummed the tune of the song we were gonna play. Yejun and Chen haven't talked to me since that fight we had, but I wouldn't blame them. I was selfish, rude, and we didn't actually solve the problem or anything.

"So...what happened between you and Hyun,hmm?" Chen asked while avoiding eye contact with me.

"I-uh We broke up. W-we just weren't clicking." I replied quietly, trying to look all chill.

"Dude, seriously?" Yejun lashed out and looked at me angrily. "You really want to say that? How rude can you get,Vinn?"

"What is wrong with you all of a sudden? Why do you care, anyway?"

"It's just...ugh stop this shit."

Yejun looked like he was about to explode into a huge ball of anger. It was rare to see him this mad.

"Just worry about your own business! Are you on my side or hers?!?" I jumped out of my seat and pointed at him in a huge dramatic way.

"I'm on neither,so sit your ass down. I just believe that it isn't right to just break up with someone for no apparent reason." Yejun replied while signaling me to sit down.

"How the hell do you know, huh? You weren't in my shoes! You weren't feeling what I was!" I screamed at him with tears running down my cheeks.

"Vinn. I-I kn-" I interrupted him quickly.

"Just shut up Yejun! I'll just meet you at the performance, God." I stormed out of my seat, knocking over the snare drum in the process and left the room.

Just need to get outside. I just need to go outside. I started to speed-walk down the hall and pushed the door open. The breeze of cool air hit my face and made me squint. When my eyes became focused, I could see in the corner of my eye something so recognizable.

The bench. It was the bench that we sort-of met.

I stared at that bench and noticed someone running frantically to the entrance of the campus. A guy was trailing after her like he was trying to slow her down. After a closer look, I realized it was Hyun and Avery, running like there's no tomorrow.

Can you hear that? It was the sound of my heart cracking.