12:. Sweets Always Come Last

Vinn's POV

I sat in between my mother and Mrs. Gal, Syung's mother. I wanted to look back at Hyun, but I knew I couldn't. My mother opened a fine-aged wine and poured the red liquid into two wine glasses.

"I'm suddenly proud of you, Vinn. Finally, you have shown some pride and rejected that disgusting human being just like that," she said while taking a sip.

"It was very refined of you. I'm sure Syung will be happy when she hears this story," Mrs. Gal added while nodding.

On the outside, I acted like it was a normal thing for me. My face was blank, my eyes were piercing, and my mouth was sealed.

Inside, I felt like dying; I felt regret and guilt at the same time. My eyes would be tearing up, and I would have collapsed. I stared at the tinted windows to focus on something else. Trees with vibrant colors became dark and dried. The bright clear sky became a clouded storm. Everything was crumbling, and I couldn't think straight.

"We're here, miss," the limo driver stated.

We climbed out of the limo, and I watch it bolt into nothingness before going inside. We had entered the restaurant and I could see Syung waiting there patiently.

My mother handed me a handkerchief .
"Make yourself more presentable." She commanded as I took the handkerchief and dried my eyes.

We headed towards the table, and I could see Syung's striking beauty. I have to admit, she is very pretty. She had curves, symmetrical lips, everything a perfect women would have. Yet, it didn't impress me like it did three years ago. I had been hit with reality, and all I could see in her was a greedy ice-cold devil.

"Hello Mrs.Kyung! How was it?" Syung stood up and smiled.

"It was difficult, but, hey, life isn't easy," my mother chuckled.

I remembered that Syung was a kiss-up, mostly to my mom.

"Hello Vinn! Nice to see you again, it has been way too long!" Syung gave me a fake smile.

"It has. Please. Sit. There isn't really a reason to keep standing," I sat myself down, and Syung immediately chose the sit next to me.

We exchanged a fake friendly banter, until my phone rang out the 'DuDuDu' part from G-dragon's "Who You".

"Excuse me for a moment, I must take this," I pretended it was a phone call, but it really was a text.

-text conversation starts-

H: I'm worried about you, text me when you hve the time

V: Jst got your text, and I'm sorry that I made you so worried v.v

H: I just. I'm getting a bad feeling with you hanging out with this Syung person. -.-

V: Don't worry babe, I don't like her at all. I'm serious, if you were here. I would be talking to you all night, not even looking at Syung. Can I just call you? I miss hearing your voice.

H: I wish I could talk to you right now, but right now it's lights out. Come back soon, so I could cuddle with you tonight. I just... really need a hug right now.

V: I'll rush over there as soon as possible, just wait for me, mkay?

H: Okie. Be careful

V: I will, text you ltr.

-text conversation ends-

"Sorry I took so long, my teacher was asking me about a paper I turned in today," I explained.

"Understandable," My mother replied while cutting her fish filet.

Mother and Mrs. Gal were talking about shares and the stock market while I pretty much stayed silent with Syung. I had no intention of talking to her, let alone sit next to her. I was eating a trifle when I fell something rub against my leg. I look across from me and my mother and Syung's mother had disappeared. And guess who was sitting in their seats? "Innocent" little Syung. She kept rubbing against my leg, and she bit her lower lip.

"You know... I missed you. Especially in bed," she started to lean a little closer.

Her heels had moved up to my upper thigh. This was wrong, and I knew it. Yet, I sat there motionless. Then, I could see in the corner of my eye that my mother and her mother was coming back to the table. Time to make a scene.

"We're back," my mother said.

"Mother, I feel very uncomfortable," I whispered to her ear.

"And why is that?" She mumbled.

"Look under the table, and then look at Syung's face," I told her.

She dropped her bracelet and went to pick it up, and I guess she saw what Syung was doing.

"Get your feet away from my son's crotch," my mother commanded Syung in an irritated way.

Syung turned bright red.

"Is this what your daughter does to guys? If it is, then I don't believe she should be the shareholder to your company or a responsible wife to my child," my mother growled. She tugged my hand and stormed outside.

"I've called a cab. Go back to the campus. I'll settle this," my mother told me without making any eye contact.

The cab immediately came and picked me up from the restaurant. When the cabbie dropped me off to the campus, I couldn't wait to see Hyun. I ran as fast as I could to her dorm and stormed in.

"Holy crap!" Hyun screamed and fell off her bed. "You scared me!"

I ran towards her and pulled her close.
"I came here as fast as I could," I replied.

I pulled her down onto the bed and held her from behind. She turned to look at me then closed her eyes. I brought her even closer and just whispered ever so lightly."My heart is perfect...because you're inside."

She opened her eyes and yanked my ear. "Let me have some shut-eye without cheesy comments that will lead to cheesy dreams," Hyun chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Hmph, fine. I just wanted it to be romantic," I pouted and turned my back playfully.

She grabbed onto my back and whispered, "Love you," and turned the other direction.