14:. Ice Cream Dream

Hyun's POV

I just crouched to the ground; letting my tears fall and watch them plop onto the cement. I was unable to flinch a single limb since it was so sudden. Did I do something wrong? Those words ran through my mind, but I knew it wasn't about me. In the corner of my eye, I could see a familiar figure stare at me in the distance. Was it Vinn?

"Hyun!" The figure called.

It wasn't Vinn, it was Avery. He ran towards me with his arms wrapped around my body. I could tell he was worried about me, I rarely cry in public, but when I do it's usually a huge thing.

"Hyun, what happened? Are you okay? Can you walk or stand? Are you hurt?" Avery frantically asked questions.

"I'm not okay. I'm hurt, but it's not physical. I can't walk or stand." I replied sobbing.

Avery didn't understand what I was going through, he has never been in a serious relationship like me. I knew he tried to make me feel better, but it wasn't helping.

"Hyun, let's go get ice cream, hmm?" He offered." I hope you still like Cookie Dough." He took my hand and dragged me towards his car.

He sat me down and buckled the seatbelt, like he didn't want me to move at all. Avery opened the door to the drivers seat, and quickly turned on the engine.

"Hyun. You gotta tell me what happened." He asked curiously

"I don't think you will understand." I sniffed.

"Maybe if you tell me, I might understand." He pleaded.

"When we reach the ice cream place." I replied sadly.

When we reached the creamery, Avery looked so excited. He was just like a kid, he loves ice cream! I smiled at the sight of him. I could tell he was exaggerating everything. He saw me laughing while holding the cones in his hands and smiled his smile. We plopped ourselves near a curb and watched the cars run by. I really didn't like it though, since my hair was always going towards my face.

"Wow Hyun. You grew so pretty, puberty was nice to you!" He complimented.

"Psh, really? I've never noticed." I blushed a deep red.

"Yeah, you do. Uh-I know we just got here and all but could you tell me what happened?" He insisted.

I sighed."Fine." I started the story from when Vinn and I first met, but ended the story in tears. Avery looked me in the eyes and wiped my tear with his thumb.

"Pretty girls shouldn't cry like this." He said." Hyun, if he just ended it like that without telling you, he's not a real man." Avery suggested.

"I guess so." I grumbled while eating my ice cream.

"Come on, I'll show him a piece of my mind. Making my best friend cry, psh." Avery mumbled as he took my hand and dragged me into the car again. In a blink, we were back at the campus.

"Stay in the car." Avery commanded.

"No. Avery, it isn't a big deal." I replied softly." Just let it go."

"Why the hell? He used you, Hyun. You were like a toy to him. He played with you until he was bored and he'll move on to the other one!" Avery argued harshly and stormed off.