Chocolate Cake

The person staring back at me was someone who I hadn't seen in a while.

Their face was full of life, with makeup that was immaculate and their hair was shiny and styled to perfection. I found myself slowly looking up and down their body in admiration of how confident they looked. Their dress was beautiful and it made their waist look small.

I swallowed back tears and turned away from my reflection to try and keep my cool. There was no way I was going to cry before I even reached the wedding venue. I didn't want to ruin my makeup the girls did. Hwasa would tell me off because they had spent hours stopping me from crying before the makeup was on.

"You look beautiful," 

I looked over my shoulder to see Solar standing there, "I...feel it."

"Own it," Wheein said, "Now remember, we are walking behind you so if you get scared we will just move you forward."

I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror again, "I...scared. I'm scared."

"Don't be," Moonbyul said putting her hands on my shoulders, "Just walk down the aisle to your man and son. Don't look at anyone else."

"Dad...he...said no."

"Don't worry about that fucking asshole," Hwasa said, "Why should he have the honour of walking you down the aisle? That man is not your father."

There was a knock on the door and Minhyuk poked his head in, "They are ready."

"We will wait outside for you. You can do this." The girls gave me a hug and left me in the room with my best friend.

"Hana, you look amazing," He said smiling at me, "Jimin is a lucky man."

"He's changed."

"I know."

"You...do you...fuck!" I said and wanted to hit my head against the wall.

"Hey, hey," Minhyuk said pulling me into a hug, "Breathe. It's ok. You're nervous so don't panic. I'm here for you."

"Hate...him?"

"Who Jimin?" Minhyuk asked and stepped back, "Not anymore. I can see that he is making it up to you and you're right he has changed. He saw what he did was awful and you and your son is his main priority. He loves you."

I let out a shaky breath, "I'm ready."

"Wait," He said before I left the room, "I know you asked your dad to walk you down the aisle for your blessing and he sent a nasty reply. So, I am stepping up. Would you let me walk you down the aisle?"

I felt my bottom lip tremble and I nodded, "I'd love that."

"God because if it wasn't me, Wonho or Shownu was going to walk you down and I'd cry even more," He smiled, and kissed me on the cheek, "Let's go and get you married again...or blessed or however you want to put it."

The blessing was small and private. Only our close friends and family came. The girls and Monsta X told me that they were acting as my family and I wouldn't have had it any other way. In a way, I wished that I could have some sort of relationship with my parents but it wasn't going to happen. 

I was told that Eujin died because of me and that I should have been the one in the coffin. After my dad sent a nasty reply to my request I thought it was best to move on with my life. My therapist told me I was brave to even consider having a relationship with them but I was better off without them. They were just a constant reminder of my traumatic childhood and I wouldn't allow my past, or them, to ruin Jihyun's life.