Are You On Another Planet?

Eujin just smiled at me as I glared at her. She crossed her legs and leaned back on the chair, not taking her eyes away from me. Just the way she looked at me made my skin crawl and I could only think about the horrible things she did and said to me. There was nothing in this world that would make me forgive her.

My life was hell growing up and even to the day I married Jimin, it was hell. She treated me like a plaything and didn't care about how I felt. She tore me to shreds mentally and physically, laughing whilst doing it. Eujin was the perfect daughter in my parent's eyes but to me, she wasn't a sister. She was just someone who tormented me and dragged me down so far, I never thought I would be happy or feel happy in myself.

After all those years of being bullied and mistreated, I still didn't understand what was going on in that head of hers. It was like she was thinking of other ways to hurt me whether it be physical or mental. But I had grown since then. Jimin had shown me what love was and he helped me start loving myself. So I wasn't in love with everything and I was still insecure, but Eujin made me realise that she wasn't perfect.

She was far from perfect and it wasn't about her looks or figure. She might have been pretty on the outside but underneath her makeup and bitter smiles, she was ugly. It was funny, because there was a photo of us standing together at a family photo shoot, and we weren't that different. We had similar features and I wasn't even that big compared to her. I thought I was fat because she used to tell me I was fat all the time. And that included my parents. Just because I didn't have a completely flat stomach, or because my things were slightly bigger than hers, I was fat and disgusting. I was still slim but I used to think I was a whale.

My baby kicked my stomach as if to tell me to stop thinking about the past, and I looked up at Eujin who was still smiling.

"So, why are you here?"

"I'm here to tell you I'm getting married,"

"Well done. You can leave now,"

"And I want you at the wedding," She said, "I know we have had a rocky relationship but-"

"Rocky?" I said, "You call our relationship rocky? Are you on another planet? We had no relationship whatsoever. We are only sisters by blood but you are no sister to me,"

She rolled her eyes "And this is where you start crying, is it? Because I'm over the past, my dear little sister. Maybe you should get over it as well,"

"Get over it?" I snapped, "Is that what you tell all the girls you beat down mentally and physically? To the girls, you left mental and physical scars?"

"Stop holding on to the past, Hana," Eujin said, "It won't let you move forward in your life. Don't be so pathetic. I told you I was sorry,"

"Get out,"

"What?"

"I said get out. I don't want you in my house anymore," I said getting to my feet "Eujin, get the fuck out of my house,"

Eujin sighed and got to her feet "I understand you are angry at the mistakes I have made, but yes, you really should get over it. The past is the past and clearly, you are still living in the past. Time to grow up, Hana. I've made small mistakes and those small mistakes include being horrible to you sometimes"

"Sometimes?"

"I wasn't horrible to you all the time," She said, folding her arms "I dropped you off to school once,"

"And you think that makes up for the shit you put me through?"

"It's only my opinion. You need to get over how I treated you,"

"Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way but your opinions no longer matter to me," I said, "Eujin, I thought that after you cried that night and told me that you were sorry for everything you did to me, you were starting to become a better person,"

"I was telling the truth,"

"Really?" I scoffed "Because clearly, you didn't mean anything you said"

"Is that what you think?" She glared at me "You think I was lying about telling you that I was sorry about what I did?"

"Nothing you tell me is the truth," I said, "The only good thing you have told me was to make sure that Jimin and I look after each other. And that is what we are doing,"

"I do love you,"

"Then you have a funny way of showing it," I said, "I don't want or need you in my life anymore,"

"So you are just throwing me away?"

"Well, it's not like I'm welcoming you back into my life with open arms," I said, "And I don't care if I'm being a bitch right now, you are toxic. I don't need toxic people in my life and I don't need someone like you in my baby's life,"

"But I want to be in the baby's life!" She said "I'm that baby's auntie and I am your family"

"You are family by blood, Eujin," I sighed "But I've made my choice. You and our parents aren't my family and you no longer have a say in what I do or don't do. I have a new family and they treat me how I should have been treated,"

"Mum and dad will want to-"

"No. They won't," I said, "When they found out I was pregnant, do you know what they said to me?"

Eujin shook her head "I don't really talk to them as much anymore,"

"They told me that they want nothing to do with it because they were disgusted. They said that the baby would turn out just like me and they hated it already," I said, "So tell me how they should be involved with my baby,"

"I didn't know," She said, "Look, we may not be the best of sisters, but you are still my younger sister whether you like it or not. You might not like me and I don't really care all that much, but I still want you at my wedding. You'll receive the invite in the post shortly. If you don't want to come fine. But there will be a chair for you and your husband,"

"Just go, please," I said, "I'm done talking to you,"

Eujin nodded "Stay well, Hana. Make sure you tell Jimin if you are feeling sick. He'll look after you,"

"And if you feel sick, remind your psychiatrist to put you back in the straight jacket," I said and she scowled at me before leaving.

"Hana," Jimin said making me jump "Are you ok?"

My bottom lip trembled and I went over to him for a hug "Was I too harsh on her?"