Chapter Two

My plan was going well so far. Honestly, it only had two steps. Attract the Avengers with the Iron Man suit, and then let them know about Hydra. And then join the Avengers. So, three steps, technically.

I was just flying around in the Iron Man suit. If my plan failed and I had to regroup with Hydra, I could just say I was taking it out on a test flight.

I twirled through the air. The suit was more constrictive than my powers, but it was alright.

I heard the sound of another suit coming close. I stopped flying and lowered myself to the top of a building. The real Iron Man flew down in front of me, about six yards away. Thor and the Falcon landed as well.

"Uh, hi," I said.

"Give the suit back," Tony Stark growled.

Rude. He didn't even say please.

"And why should I?" I said.

I could feel the frustration coming from Iron Man. He lifted his hand and pointed a blaster at me.

"Because if you don't, we'll make you," he said.

"Oooh, threatening!" I mocked.

Honestly, messing with them was so much fun. Iron Man started up his blasters, so I jumped off the roof. I flew away but heard the three following me.

So much for convincing them I was good.

They chased me through the city. They shot at me, but I dodged. We got to a highway that was being built when Iron Man successfully shot me down. I landed on the highway with a clank. I felt my face hit the suit and knew a bruise was going to form.

I got to my feet as the three Avengers landed.

"Hand the suit over," Thor said menacingly.

"Okay, listen, I'm not here to hurt anyone," I said, going back to my original plan.

"Just to steal from us, right?" Tony Stark asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, maybe if you had better security, I wouldn't have been able to get in," I retorted.

I noticed that more Avengers were arriving. They were surrounding me in a circle. I noted the absence of the dark-haired god.

"You should just give the suit up now," Hawkeye said. "It'll save everyone a lot of trouble."

I rolled my eyes again. If they'd just let me talk, they'd know what I was here for.

"Listen, as I said before, I'm not-"

"Yeah, we heard what you said before," the Falcon said.

I groaned. Why did they keep on interrupting me?

"If you don't step out of the suit, we will fight you," Mr Captain America said.

He was really ripped. Way more ripped than what he looked like in the photos.

I lifted up my hand in greeting, but apparently this was a hostile move. Iron Man blasted me right in the chest, and I fell to the ground.

"Ow," I muttered.

I tried to get up but saw that I was being held down by red mist. The Scarlet Witch was shifting and moving her fingers. The Avengers crowded around me as I struggled to get away from the Scarlet Witch's power.

"Now that you're down, we're taking you in," Iron Man said.

Captain America walked up to me and pulled my mask off. I saw his surprise as he realised that I was young.

"Surprise," I said, and then exploded.

Technically I didn't explode, but my power did. It ripped open the suit in a golden wave, destroying it completely, and throwing the Avengers back. Tendrils of power remained in the air as I rose to my feet. The Avengers struggled to theirs.

I gave them a piece sign and then put an illusion on myself to make me disappear. Thor seemed to be the only one who could see through my illusion. He threw his hammer at me, but I dodged. I used my power to lift me into the air and fly away.

I flew all the way to my apartment. I looked at my phone, seeing that I had six mixed calls from an unknown number between five-minute intervals.

I waited the two minutes until my phone rang again. I picked it up on the third ring.

"Hello, this is agent l/n," I greeted.

"You blew up the suit!" the voice yelled angrily.

I winced.

"Well, yes, but-"

"No excuses! You ruined Hydra's chances!" the voice yelled.

I started to get angry.

"It was either me or the suit!" I yelled back.

"It should have been you! Hydra needs to be in your best interests," the voice said angrily.

"If I had died, you wouldn't even have the suit," I retorted.

The voice didn't reply.

"I'm out," I said.

"What?" the voice snapped.

"I quit. Bye, bye, agent l/n," I said, before hanging up.

I quickly packed my belongings. I didn't have much to begin with, so it was quick. I left my phone and keys behind, and ran away to start my new life, away from Hydra and the Avengers.