Chapter Eight

I was walking around the tower with Loki. He offered to show me around the tower, and I accepted gratefully, glad to be able to escape the angry glares of the team. Tony had given me a fraction of my abilities back. It wasn't fun knowing that I could burn through my power much more quickly.

"Now that we are... allies," Loki began, "Would you care to tell me how you came to work for Hydra?"

"I showed my magic to the wrong people," I said shrugging. "They were Hydra, but I didn't know. I think I was six when they kidnapped me."

Loki looked murderous.

"Were you born with your power?" Loki asked.

"Apparently," I said. "What about you? What's your tragic backstory?"

Loki swallowed.

"I – my father isn't really my father. He took me from my home for political leverage. He hoped that maybe one day, he could use me against my real father, or something like that," he said.

I placed a hand on his arm.

"Well, I think that you have the right to be mad at him," I said.

Loki smiled at me.

"Thank you, Darling," he said.

He gave me a tour of the tower. There was an epic party deck that I was definitely going to crash one day. There were labs, an indoor pool, and a movie theatre. I even met Friday, Tony's A.I, who ran the joint.

"Now, I'm sure you'll love this floor," Loki said.

The elevator doors opened, and I gasped happily.

"You have a whole room dedicated to training?" I exclaimed.

Loki chuckled.

"There is a floor above this that Barton uses for archery practice," Loki supplied.

We walked through the training floor. There were mats for sparring and a cool looking obstacle course. There was a gym area to the back with treadmills, weights, and other exercise stuff.

"Mr Stark has requested that Reindeer Games and Bandit meet him immediately. He has set Bandit's room up," Friday announced.

"Reindeer Games? Bandit?" I questioned.

Loki sighed dramatically.

"Stark likes nicknames. He calls me Reindeer Games because my helmet has horns. I assume that he calls you Bandit because you stole his suit," Loki explained.

I scoffed.

"Seriously? Bandit? That's the best he could come up with?" I asked.

Loki just chuckled.

"Can I see your helmet?" I asked.

Loki smiled at me and his helmet appeared on his head. I made a mental note to steal it later. Loki vanished his helmet and led me to his floor. Tony stood in the hall in front of two doors.

"Ah, good, you're here," he said.

I glowered at him.

"Bandit? Really?" I growled.

Tony just laughed.

"Here, this one's yours," Tony said, opening the door to the left.

I entered and almost died. The room was massive. There was a bed in the centre of the left wall, and a massive bookshelf on the right. The bookshelf only had a few books, which was disappointing, but I guess that meant that I could buy more that I liked. There was a desk in the corner near the window, giving me a nice view of the city. There were two doors which led to an enormous wardrobe and a luxurious bathroom.