Chapter Thirty-Six

"Bye, Thor," I said, hugging him tightly.

Thor was going off-world to see how Frigga and Odin were doing. Loki decided to stay on earth with me.

"Heimdall!" Thor called.

The rainbow bridge crashed down from the sky and sucked Thor up, leaving a burn mark in the roof.

"Tony's not gonna like that," I said, wincing a little bit.

Loki chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"What are we going to do now, my Angel?" he asked.

I melted at the nickname. It didn't matter how many times he used it; I would never get enough of it.

"Food?" I suggested.

Loki chuckled and nodded.

"Let's get McDonald's," I said.

We walked through the tower and down towards the carpark. We got into the car, me driving and Loki in the passenger seat.

I put the keys into the ignition and the two back doors opened. Bucky and Sam slid in the car.

"Heard we were going to McDonald's," Sam said as a way of explanation.

I just shrugged and drove to the fast food restaurant. We got to the drive-thru.

"Okay, what do you all want?" I asked.

"Can I have a McFlurry?" Bucky asked.

"Sure," I said.

Everyone else told me their orders and I told the drive-thru server. When we got to the window to pay, the teen who was working at the window nearly fainted at the sight of four Avengers. We got our food and I drove to Midtown Tech.

"Why are we going to the Spider-kid's school?" Sam asked, shovelling fries into his mouth.

"Peter's doing a presentation on Norse mythology," I said. "Thor couldn't make it, but Loki and I said we would go."

"Right, because you're a Norse Goddess," Bucky said, nodding.

"Well, yeah, but I'm not in the mythology because I was born nineteen years ago, rather than a thousand," I said.

I parked the car in the Midtown carpark.

"You guys can come too, if you want. Just don't break anything," I said.

"We'll stay in here," Sam said.

I finished off my fries before wiping my fingers and grabbing Loki's hand. We walked into the school and signed in. Peter was called to come and meet us.

"Hi y/n! Hi Loki! Thank you guys so much for coming!" Peter said.

He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. His super-strength got the better of him and he nearly crushed my bones, even though I was Asgardian. Peter then gave Loki a hug, to his pleasant surprise.

"Okay, let's go!" Peter announced.

Peter waved to the receptionist and she waved back with her mouth slightly agape. Peter led us down the school hallways, talking about Star Wars and science. When we reached the classroom door, Peter turned to face us.

"Please don't embarrass me," he pleaded.

"We won't. We promise," I said.

Peter knocked on the door and entered. There was a collective gasp from the class as Loki and I stepped into the classroom. There were murmurs and whispers as the class looked at us.