Chapter Three

I sat in my new apartment, thinking about how I could get into the Avengers' good graces. Sure, I was going to start my life away from them, but I decided wanted to use my power for good. And besides, they could probably protect me from Hydra.

I decided to go to the bank and see if I could get into my account from Hydra. So far, it hadn't worked, but I'd still had some money saved from side jobs and things like that.

I walked to the bank. It was pretty fancy. When I entered, though, I could tell that something was off. I looked around until I saw a man with a lump in his jacket. A gun.

Well, either I was now apart of a bank robbery, or this guy was really paranoid.

The man took his gun out of his pocket and pointed it at one of the workers. Yep. Definitely a bank robbery.

I raised my hands, as did everyone else. There were three other accomplices. You'd think that you'd want more people, but I found out the reason why only four people were needed. They had alien guns. 

I couldn't just sit around and watch the robbery unfold. I had powers for crying out loud.

I stood up and walked towards one of the men.

"What are you doing?" the man barked, raising his gun towards me.

I raised my hands to show him that I was unarmed.

"I just need to charge my phone," I lied, pointing to the power socket in the wall.

The man looked at me sceptically and I took a step towards him. He shoved his gun towards me threateningly. I sighed.

"Please don't make this more difficult than it has to be," I said.

The man shot at me. Instead of a bullet, a weird, purple bolt came out. I raised my hands and caught it with my power. I threw it back towards him, but he dodged. All of the men now knew I was the enemy. I fought against them, trying not to kill them.

"Stop!"

I turned around to see one of the criminals pointing a gun at a woman's head. She whimpered and closed her eyes. For the third time, I raised my hands. Before they could think, I placed a shield around the woman and ran up towards the criminal. I placed my hands on his head and broke into his mind and made him believe that I was an accomplice as well. I did it to the rest of them too. I made them return the money.

"Sorry about the inconvenience," I told everyone in the bank as I ushered the criminals out.

Everyone was too shocked to stop me.

I walked them to their car and sat them in it. They were all motionless as I held their minds. I began driving away, hoping to attract the Avengers' attention. If I gave them these criminals as a peace offering, they might forgive my past crimes.

I drove until I saw that I had three black SUVs on my tail. Perfect. I pulled over and the cars surrounded me. I got out of the car with my arms raised. Shield agents exited the SUVs with handcuffs. I let go of the criminal's minds, and they began yelling profanities at me. The Shield agents took care of the criminals in the car. Then one of the agents came at me with the handcuffs.

"Uh, no thanks," I said, stepping back.

All of the agents pointed their weapons at me.

"What? I just gave these criminals to you," I said.

"Miss, you are under arrest for theft and-"

"Wait, they're not still mad about that, are they?" I asked.

"In fact, we are."

I turned around to see Iron Man standing behind me with his blasters raised.

"Aw, come on!" I whined.

Thor and the Falcon dropped from the air and the Black Widow and Captain America got out of a car. I groaned really loudly.

"Fine! No more favours for you," I said, pointing at them.

Then I looked up to the sky and launched myself into the air. I heard a loud curse from Iron Man as he began to fly after me. The other people who could fly followed me. I knew that I wouldn't be able to shake them easily.

I turned around so that I was flying backwards. I shot a ball of energy at Iron Man. He dodged it, so I decided to go for the Falcon instead. I shot two balls of energy at his wings. He dodged the first but the second hit his left wing. It began to smoke, and he began to spiral downwards. The Vision flew down after him to make sure he was okay. Now I just had to take care of Tin Can and Thunderhead. I used an illusion to turn myself invisible, but they still followed me. Tin Can probably had heat detectors in his suit, and Thunderhead could see through my illusions.

I shot energy blast after energy blast at them. I finally hit the Iron Man suit and he began plummeting towards the earth. Thor stopped and flew down after him.

I sped away, knowing that my chances of becoming an Avenger were ruined.