Chapter Twenty

"Thy drugs are quick. Thus, with a kiss I die," Loki read.

We were both curled up on the couch in our suite. Loki was reading Romeo and Juliet to me. I had fallen asleep a few times, lulled by the velvet-soft voice of the god. Of my god.

"Are you tired, my love?" Loki asked.

I blushed. No matter how much he called me that, I don't think I would ever get completely used to it.

"No. Your voice is just lovely," I said.

A little bit on colour rose to his cheeks and I internally smirked. Loki wrapped an arm around me, and I curled into his side.

"What are you going to wear tonight?" Loki asked.

"Not telling. You'll just have to be surprised when you see me in all my gorgeous glory," I said.

Loki rolled his eyes and kissed me on the head.

I really wanted to tell him that I loved him. We had been together for two months, but I'd known him for longer than that. I loved everything about him. I loved his smile. The way his lips curved slightly, the way his eyes lit up. I loved the way he laughed. I loved... everything.

But I didn't know how to tell him. I was afraid he didn't feel the same.

Soon enough it was time for our dinner date. I got changed into an emerald green dress. It had a v-neckline and spaghetti straps. The dress was fitted to my waist and then it flared out just above my knees. I wore a pair of silver heels and put on minimal makeup.

I stepped out of my room and into the suite. Loki was on the couch in an all-black suit. He turned around at the sound of my footsteps.

"You look... beautiful," he said.

I blushed and looked down.

"You look quite dashing yourself," I replied.

Loki chuckled and grabbed my arm. We left the tower and I drove one of Tony's cars to the restaurant we picked out. I was finally allowed outside as long as I had someone with me.

Loki and I arrived at the restaurant. It wasn't overly fancy, but it was still glamorous. Loki opened the car door for me like the true gentleman he was. We walked into the restaurant and got seated.

We had a great time. The food was amazing, and we had great conversation. We spoke about our favourite books and magic. Loki told me about how magic was used on Asgard. Asgard fascinated me. Especially the rainbow bridge. I needed to show Loki and Thor Mario Kart.

Once we had finished with a lovely chocolate dessert, Loki drove us home.

"Love, you just missed the turn," I said.

"I know, Angel," Loki said.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You aren't kidnapping me, are you?" I asked. "Not that I'm opposed, but the others might be."

Loki chuckled.

"They know about this little surprise," he said.

I huffed and slumped in the chair. A surprise. I hated surprises. I just liked to know what was going on.

Loki drove for a while until we reached a little park. We stepped out of the car and walked down a path lit by fairy lights.

"This is gorgeous!" I said.

Loki smiled and grabbed my hand. He interlaced our fingers and I smiled up at him. We followed the path of fairy lights until we reached a fountain. The fountain was lit up and looked golden. Classical music was playing softly from somewhere.

"May I have this dance?" Loki asked, bowing and holding a hand out.

I giggled and placed my hand in his.

"Yes, you may," I said.

Loki twirled me around and we danced together. I ended up with my back pressed against him as we swayed to the music.

"I love you," I said without thinking.

"I love you, too," Loki said without missing a beat.

I stopped swaying and turned around to face him.

"Really?" I asked.

Loki smiled at me.

"Yes. I love you, y/n," he said.

He leaned down to kiss me. Our lips met and fireworks exploded.

He loved me too. Whatever was there to be worried about?