Chapter Twelve

There was no party for me. I was confined to my floor after the Hydra attack. Luckily for me, Loki had to babysit me. He told me that he didn't like the parties anyway, but I still felt bad for keeping him here with me. We were currently lying on my bed reading.

"Hey, you like mischief, right?" I asked, turning to face Loki.

He looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"Yes," he said, waiting for me to continue.

"If I went to the party, we would cause a lot of-"

"Trouble," Loki interrupted. "We would cause a lot of trouble."

I pouted.

"You like trouble, don't you?" I asked innocently.

Loki groaned and placed his book beside him. He rolled over to face me. We were really close to each other. There was less than half a foot between us.

"I do, Darling, but I need to make sure you do not get into any," he said.

I pouted again.

"We could pretend I forced you to come," I proposed. "We could say I used my magic on you."

I wiggled my fingers in his face and Loki rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Lokes," I groaned. "Everything has been work, work, work. This is the only time we've been able to have lots of fun, and we're not even allowed to be there."

Loki narrowed his eyes. I grabbed onto his shirt.

"Please?" I begged, dragging the word out.

Loki grabbed my hands.

"Fine," he sighed.

I jumped up excitedly.

"Okay, my dress is in Natasha's room. I'll go and get it," I said.

I started walking towards the door, but Loki grabbed my waist to stop me.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Grabbing my dress from Natasha's room... I just said that, right?" I replied.

Loki sighed again.

"And how will you get there?" he questioned. "Using the elevator that Stark disabled your use of, correct?"

I groaned at his logic.

"And you are also attempting to enter Lady Natasha's room," Loki said.

I twisted my fingers. Entering Natasha's room without her permission was dangerous, not to mention, rude.

"Maybe we won't have to enter her room," I mused. "I could just use my magic to levitate the dress towards me."

"Alright, but how are you going to get there without the elevator, Darling?" Loki asked.

"I'll take the stairs," I decided.

"The doors are locked," he said.

"Well, then I'll unlock them," I retorted.

"They are locked by Friday, Dear," he said.

I groaned.

"Can you still use the elevator?" I asked, a plan forming in my head.

"Yes," he replied.

I smiled mischievously. I told him my plan. He told me it wouldn't work, but I told him it would. We walked to the elevator, and I placed an illusion over myself. I turned myself invisible and removed my body heat. Loki had actually taught me how to do that. Loki stepped into the elevator and I floated in to make sure Friday didn't recognise my weight. Loki told her the floor number and we rose up. When we reached the floor, we got out of the elevator.