Chapter Eighteen

When I awoke, the Avengers were still in the room. I felt a lot better now.

"How long was I out?" I asked, staring at the ceiling.

"Three hours," Bruce said.

I groaned and scrubbed at my face.

"Did you know that you had a tracking device?" Tony asked.

I sat up straight.

"What?" I asked.

Tony held up a small chip.

"This was in your leg. When Bruce did the x-ray scan, he found this," Tony said.

He handed me the chip and I inspected it closely.

"We've disabled it, but we're going to look into the technology," Tony explained.

"So that's how they've been finding me," I concluded.

Everyone nodded.

"Well, I guess it's time to see if they'll find me this time," I said, getting out of the hospital bed.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked.

He rushed over to me and grabbed my elbows. I placed my hands on his chest.

"Loki, Love, I'm fine," I said.

Loki looked at me suspiciously and I rolled my eyes. I placed a hand on his cheek.

"Loki," I said sternly. "I am fine. I am completely healed."

Loki leaned into my touch and closed his eyes. He exhaled deeply.

"Is there something going on here that we should know about?" Tony asked.

"Shut up! You're ruining my ship!" Wanda yelled.

I laughed at the outburst.

"Loki is courting me," I said, winking at Loki.

Loki rolled his eyes, but a bit of colour stained his cheeks.

"I can't think of anyone more perfect for my brother," Thor said kindly.

I smiled at him.

"Is that why you wanted to share a room with him?" Tony asked suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at us.

I rolled my eyes at him and didn't reply.

"Not answering the question is answering the question," Tony said loudly.

I ignored him. I held my arms out for him to put my limiters on. Tony shook his head.

"You don't need those anymore. Screw what Shield says," he said.

Tears filled my eyes and I launched myself at Tony. I wrapped my arms around his neck in a tight hug. Tony froze for a moment before patting me on the back. I pulled back and Tony smiled at me.

"So, time to test if that was the only tracker in my body," I said, clapping my hands together. "Who's coming on a trip with me?"

Thor, Wanda, Clint, and Loki accompanied me on my mission. We took the quinjet far away from the tower and the city. We flew over lakes and highways until we reached a clearing in the middle of a forest. Clint landed the jet and we all got out. I breathed in the fresh air. Loki wrapped an arm around me and I leaned against him.

We waited in the meadow for three hours. No one came to attack us, and we actually had a fun time. Thor tripped over a log and made me laugh so hard I began choking on air.

When we arrived back home, everyone was glad to hear that we were safe.

"Y/n, you haven't met Pepper yet, have you?" Tony asked.

I shook my head no. I'm pretty sure she was at the party that I crashed, but I was too drunk to say anything to her.

"Pepper, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Pepper," Tony said.

Pepper smiled at me. I went to shake her hand, but she pulled me in for a hug instead.

"Are you adopting this one, too?" she asked Tony.

I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.

"Absolutely not," I said at the same time Tony said, "I haven't decided."

I glared at him.

"I'm eighteen. You can't adopt me. I'm legally an adult," I said.

Tony just chuckled.

"It'd be fun to be able to boss you around," he joked.

"You do that anyway," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

Everyone laughed, and I suddenly realised what had just been said. Had Tony really been thinking about adopting me? And what did Pepper mean by 'adopting this one, too'? Who else had Tony adopted?

"Do you have children?" I asked.

Tony cocked his head to the side.

"Yes," Pepper replied for him. "They're just not his legally."

I furrowed my brows and opened my mouth in confusion. Everyone laughed.

"Tony is basically Peter's dad, in case you haven't noticed," Bruce said. "And he has this other kid called Harley in... Tennessee?"

"Yep," Tony confirmed. "And they're not my children. Just... apprentices."

"Sure," Sam said, dragging the word out and rolling his eyes.

Tony rolled his eyes back.

"Well, it's only five thirty, so do you girls want to have a girls' night?" Natasha asked.

I nodded enthusiastically, excited to spend time with the girls and get to know Pepper better. We went to Wanda's room and ordered takeout. We all sat around and talked until the takeout arrived. We got an array of different foods, including pizza, Chinese and shawarma. We played a movie on the tv and watched it. Once it was done, we began talking again.

"So, you and Loki, huh?" Wanda asked.

Pepper looked slightly surprised and concerned, while Wanda looked ecstatic.

"Yeah," I sighed. "He's... he's a bad boy. But... not a bad, bad boy. A good, bad boy? I don't know."

I groaned and scrubbed my face while the others laughed.

"He's a bad boy that cares about me," I said.

The girls 'aww'ed and I hid my face in a pillow. We watched another movie before Pepper had to leave. Running a company was hard work. After Pepper left, Natasha snuck into Clint's room and stole all of his chocolate. We gorged on the stash and eventually passed out on Wanda's bed.