Chapter Thirty

I woke up to Loki's body wrapped around mine. I snuggled into him, delighted by the contact. I lay there for an hour or so before Loki began to run his fingers up and down my spine, indicating he was awake.

"Good morning," he mumbled.

"Good morning," I replied, nuzzling into the crook of his neck.

Loki sighed happily and tightened his arms around me.

"As much as I love cuddling with you, my dear, we did arrange to meet with Mother," Loki said.

I groaned unhappily but disentangled myself from Loki. I walked to the closet where my clothes had been unpacked (either by magic or servants). There was Asgardian attire as well as my clothes.

"Would your mother appreciate it more if I wore Asgardian clothes?" I asked.

Loki kissed my temple and shrugged.

"I do not think she minds," Loki said.

I contemplated it for a moment before deciding to wear Asgardian pants and a tunic. The tunic was a forest green with golden swirls. It looked fancy, but at least I could still wear pants.

Loki and I walked to breakfast together. Last night had been a fancy dinner, with the royal family and their consorts only in attendance. Breakfast, however, was served in the great hall and it seemed everyone in the palace was invited. Loki led me to the table at the end of the room where the royal family was seated. Loki sat next to his mother and I sat next to him.

"Y/n, we can review your memories after lunchtime, if you would like," Frigga said. "I have some duties to attend to before then."

I smiled at her.

"That sounds good," I said.

Once breakfast was finished, Loki and I walked through the gardens together.

"You know, in Norse mythology, you were married to Sigyn," I said.

Loki sighed.

"I wasn't," he said. "She was a close friend of Mother's, and already married when I was born."

I nodded slowly.

"You are frightened," Loki said.

"What? No, I'm not," I said.

Loki stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"I am the god of lies," Loki said. "You can't lie to me."

My face crumpled and I buried my face into his chest.

"I just don't understand how this is possible. I don't remember anything about them, but I remember being taken by Hydra. I remember that day, but I don't remember my mother's face, or voice," I cried.

Loki hugged me and stroked my hair.

"It may have been trauma shutting down the memories," Loki said. "Or perhaps Hydra..."

He trailed off and I knew what he was thinking. Maybe Hydra had taken my memories.

"Would your mother be able to restore them if... if they did?" I mumbled into his shirt.

"Most likely," Loki said, nodding. "After all, the Wakandan princess was able to restore Bucky's memories."

I pulled away from the hug and noticed tear stains on Loki's shirt.

"Sorry," I said, turning red with embarrassment.

"There is no need to apologise, Love," Loki said. "You are entitled to have and show emotions. This situation is distressing for you."