Chapter Eleven

Two weeks later Shield had allowed me to have access to half of my power. This was more than enough to get by. With half of my power, I was a fraction less powerful than Wanda. Sam liked to call me overpowered. Maybe I was, but it was good for the team.

"Okay, so we're going to have a press conference to officially add you as a member to the team," Tony said. "And then we're going to have a party."

Everyone groaned.

"Another one? Seriously?" Bucky whined.

"Hey! Just because you can't get drunk, doesn't mean that you have to hate on my parties," Tony grumbled.

I laughed.

"I got you a dress specifically for this," Natasha said. "Want to see?"

I nodded excitedly.

"Before you go, though," Tony interrupted. "We need to get you a superhero name."

I thought back to the time when I saved the little boy from the train.

"Guardian Angel," I said.

Sam snorted and I glared at him.

"Any reason for the name?" Tony asked.

"Well... I saved a little boy from a blown-up train, and he asked me if I was an angel. I told him yes," I explained.

Tony nodded approvingly.

"Well, you'll need to be in your suit for the press conference, and then you can change into whatever Nat got you," Tony said.

"Uh... I don't have a suit," I said sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I made one for you," Tony said before he walked out of the room.

My jaw dropped. Loki chuckled.

"Let's go," Natasha said.

She grabbed onto my wrist and dragged me to her room. No one was allowed in her room without permission, and she rarely gave it. If the girls were getting ready to go out, they'd usually do it in Wanda's room. The fact that she let me in was surprising.

She led me towards her closet. She exited the closet holding a beautiful, golden dress. It was floor length and backless.

"I – Natasha... this is gorgeous," I breathed.

"You can call me Nat," she said.

I smiled widely at her.

"Come on, let's see if it fits," she said.

It did fit. Perfectly. I felt ethereal, like a creature of beauty.

"I love it!" I exclaimed.

"I know someone who's going to love it more," she muttered.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Who?" I asked.

Natasha laughed and shook her head.

"If you don't know by now, then I'm definitely not going to tell you," she said.

I glared at her again. I got changed back into my normal clothes. There was a knock at the door and Natasha opened it. It was Loki.

"Stark needs to see if y/n's suit will fit," he said.

"Take her," Natasha said, shoving me towards him.

I turned around and sent her one last glare. She just smirked at me and winked, before closing her door.

Loki escorted me to Tony's lab. We spoke about a few things. Mostly books. When we arrived, I was laughing really hard at an unintended pun that Loki made.