chapter 16

Marco's pov*

I waited and waited for hours in the waiting room, my sister came and she tried to get me to go home because I looked like shit and I had Jasmine's blood on me, but she eventually gave up and just had Carlo go get me clothes to change into. Fuck I felt like shit. Fuck I had the girl I loved blood on me. I called her little sister Destini but she said that she wasn't coming, I tried to call her other sister Annie but she didn't answer so I left a voicemail and a couple texts. I left my business with Maylie because I trusted her more than all the rest. The sun was coming up and I still didn't get any answers from the doctors. I killed my father and didn't even blink but she gets shot and now I'm pacing around and haven't slept in hours. My sister brought me food by I couldn't eat, hell I couldn't even change out of the bloody clothes because its the last thing I wore before she was ripped away from me.

"Marco sit down! You have been walking back and forth for the last 3 hours!"

"Layla I can't sit! I can't lose her! I l-love her! I love her and I have never loved anyone!" She stood up and walked to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Marco I know but you not eating, you not sleeping, you not sitting, it isn't gonna bring her back to you, its not gonna make her magically appear in front of you."

"I let her in, I don't let people in." I cried in my sister's arms.

"I know Marco. Come on sit with me." I sat with her and laid my head are her shoulder and drifted asleep.

"Jasmine is that you?"

"Yes."  I ran to her but when I reached her my hands went right through her.

"Jasmine what's happening?"

"Oh Marco this is only a dream."

"But you look so real!"

"Marco that's because your mind created me, I have been shot remember?"

"No no no no this can't be happening."

"Marco!"

"You got shot! You got shot because I loved you!"

"Marco this isn't your fault!"
"Can I stay a while with you?"
"Of course! Come here honey!" I reached for her again but this time I couldn't actually hold her in my arms. There was a loud bang and I looked down at Jasmine, it was happening over again, she had a shock look on her face and then there was another bang and she fell to the ground. I yelled, "No Jasmine! You can't leave me again! Please come back!

" Marco! Marco wake up!" Layla yelled at me, I opened my eyes and she pulled me into a hug.

"Marco its just a dream, its just a dream." she said rocking me.

"Are you Mr.Toussaint?" I nurse said

"No, I'm her boyfriend." I said pulling away from my sister.

"okay sir, she had a severe internal bleed, we tried everth-"