chapter 38

Jasmine's pov*

I woke up but didnt open my eyes. I was in my bed, I'm guessing Marco moved me while i was asleep. With my eyes still closed I reached around the bed trying to feel for Marco, but I felt nothing. I opened my eyes and sat up on to my elbows, I looked around. I spotted him sitting in a chair in the corner. It was still dark and I could barely see his face. I reached to the lamp on my bed side and turned it on, it was still to dark to see his full face but i could see his body. He sat in the chair with a drink in his hand and every so often he would drink for the small glass. I took in the smell, what he was drinking was alcohol. It was strong scent and it was radiating off of his body.

"Marco?"

"Hm." Was all he said in return.

"What are you doing in the dark? What time is it?" I picked up my phone and checked the time, it was 4:34 am. He didn't answer, he just took another drink.

"Marco?" I got no answer. "Marco come here, please." He didn't say anything but he leaned over and placed his elbows on his knees and took another drink, now his glass was empty. He rubbed his finger over the rim of the glass. Now I could see his face in the dim light of the room.

"Marco, what the hell happened to you?" I said getting up and running to him. I touched his face and he tried taking it out of my hands. His lip was bleeding and swollen.

"Marco!" I yelled to get his attention.

"What, Jasmine!" He yelled back.

"What. The. Fuck. Happened. To. You!" I said each work in sections.

"A misunderstanding." He said in a calm and simple voice.

"What kind of misunderstandings, Marco?"

"I had a talk with Amory."

"This doesnt look like you had a 'talk' with him." Marco leaned back in his chair and went to get a drink but realized that it was empty.

"Fuck!" He yelled and threw his glass across the room.

"Marco, calm down! There's children sleeping." I put my hands on his face again and forced him to look at me as I spoke.

"What happened ,Marco? Really this time." He took a deep breath.

"Amory was trying to take what wasn't his, so I had to put him in his place. This is my kingdom! And your my queen! And I will not let Amory out of all men, put his nasty hands on my queen." He said standing up fast, bumping into me causing me to lose my balance. I start to fall but he catches me before I hit the ground. His arm goes around me and his hand goes behind my head. His ocean blue eyes bore into mine.  I reached up to his face and wiped the still wet blood off of his lip, I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled myself up to his face. I kissed him and while the kiss deepened I tasted the blood from his lips, the metallic taste. His arm around me tightened and my body pressed against his.  After a few minutes of kissing I felt something warm and wet on my face. I pulled away from Marco to look at his face, tears ran down his face.

"Marco." I said with my voice filling with concern.

"Jasmine." He said brokenly.

"Come here." I pulled him into me and hugged him tightly. His body was tense at first but after a few seconds he gave in and hugged me back. His tears soaked through my shirt. I let go of him and took his hand in mine and pulled him to the bathroom.

I made him sit on the toilet and turned on the light. We both blinked a couple times to get use to the light but after I went to cabinets and pulled out a cloth. I got the cloth wet and dabed it to his bloody lips. In the light i fully checked him out. His cheek had a open wound and his knuckles were raw, I unbuttoned his shirt to check for anything.

"Oh! Are we gonna be getting hot and steamy?" He chuckled. I looked up at him and he gave me his best smile.

"No, we aren't getting "hot and steamy" Marco. I'm checking you out."

"Oh baby, you can check me out all the tim- oww." He yelped when I touched his ribs on the right side.

"I think your ribs are broken, maybe you should got to a doctor, Marco."

"No I'll be fine, this isnt the first time nor the last." He tried to get up but I pushed him down.

"Marco, tell me exactly what happened."

"I did."

"Marco, why would you go after him?"

"Because I already told you, he tried to take what wasnt his."

"Yes but how did you know? Why would you wait until I was asleep?"

"Carlo told me."

"When?"

"He texted it to me after i left." He looked down at his feet as if he was ashamed of himself.

"Marco it isn't your fault."

"Yes it is. I shouldn't have left you, I told you that I wouldnt and then I did and I'm so sorr-"

"Marco, look at me," I make him look at me, " you didnt do anything wrong! You didn't do anything, okay? Okay?!"

"Okay." He said weakly. I finished cleaning him up.

"Come on." I pulled him up and pulled him to the bed being careful to not step on the glass from the broken cup. I helped him into the bed.

"Fuck, add this to my 'never have done' list" he said trying to carefully get into bed without hurting himself.

"What?" I said in confusion.

"I never had a woman help me get into bed, it usually the other way around." He gave a short laughed.

"Your cocky when your buzzed."

"I'm cocky either way, darling." He grabbed my face and kissed me.

"Marco, your in no shape for any funny business."

"By funny business do you mean I'm in no shape for sex?"

"You know what I mean."

"Well there's a slight mistake in what you said."

"Oh and what's that?"

"I'm in great shape for sex, darling." He gave me a sexy smile.

"Marco, even if you were in good shape for sex, your just not doing it for me right now." I said smiling at him.

"Oh, come here." He grabbed my hips and pulled me on top of him. He kissed me on my lips.

"I know that I'm 'doing it to you' , darling. And no matter what I'll always be." He said against my lips, "But are you sure you don't want me?"

"Yes I'm sure I dont want you, your hurt and I dont want to hurt you anymore."

"On the contrary, beautiful, I'm the one who hurts you, if your catching my drift." He said smiling.

"Your nasty." I said laughing and I hit his chest.

"Ow!" He yelped. My eyes went wide and I gave him a concern look. After a few seconds he started to laugh.

"I'm kidding, darling."

"Your a dick!" I said hitting him again.

"I have a pretty nice one to." He said laughing. "Come here, baby girl." He lifted the blankets and I got in next to him but I didnt lay on his chest. This time I pulled him to me and he laid on my chest. He wrapped his arms around me and I rubbed his back like he always did for me.

"We will get through this, Marco. We have each other, okay?"

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too, now go to sleep and this time stay asleep, no more fights, got it?"

"Got it."
-------------Side Note----------------------------
Hey guys! Thank you for reading this far! I hope your enjoying the book so far. If you have any questions or concerns please message me or comment it. I would really appreciate it if you followed me and like the book, it helps alot and you will be notified when I write another chapter or other books.