chapter 40

Jasmine POV *

"Layla, - " there was a knock on the door and I pushed all of the tests into the sink and grabbed a towel and placed it on top.

"Hey, beauty. I felt like I havent seen you since this morning." Carlo came you to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and leaned in and gave her a kiss on the head. "What are you guys doing?" He asked looking around.

"Umm" me and Layla both said.

"I wanted to get something different done to my hair before your guys wedding." I said thinking quickly.

"Oh. Well I'll let you guys keep doing that. I'll see you at dinner babes, Marco and I are still not done but I wanted to check on you." He gave her one last and left the room. After the door was fully closed me and Layla both let out a sigh for relief.

"Okay so am I pregnant or not?" She asked.

"Your pregnant." I said and she let out a sigh but I wasn't sure if it was of relief or out of disappointment, maybe even disbelief.

"Are you okay?" I asked sitting on the ground next to the toilet where she was.

"I love him."

"And you'll keep loving him."

"But will he love me?"

"Of course he will. You don't just stop loving someone."

"I'm scared." Her voice was weak and tears filled her eyes. I stood up and walked the few steps to her and grabbed her hand and pulled her up. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same. She wept quietly and her tears began flowing fast. She held me tightly as if holding on for dear life.

"You will be the best mom and Carlo will be a great dad. You kick ass on the daily and your sure in hell gonna kick ass as a mom."

"Yeah." She said softly.

"And I'll be here for you through out the hole thing. I will be there for you when you cant reach your feet and so much more."

"But what about you?"

"What about me?"

"How are you going to watch me have a baby after so short of time of losing yours?"

"I will be fine. We will take in these moments together."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. I wouldn't want anything else." She pulled me in and hugged me as hard as she possibly could. I wasn't going to tell her how much this has already hurt me because that's selfish right? I lost my baby but I don't have to ruin the time she has with hers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was after dinner. I couldn't bring myself to eat much. I had to many things going through my head and I couldn't focus. Marco was setting up the ball for tomorrow night. Tomorrow was Christmas and all of my things came in. I was in the bathtub trying to relax but all it seemed to do was make me think more and more. There was a knock on the bathroom door and Marco walked in shirt less.

"Can I join you?"

"Of course." I gave him a fake smile. He unbuttoned his pants and slid them off and throw then Into the basket, he did the same with his boxers. He walked over to the tub and I moved forward so he could get behind me, he did. I laid back onto his chest. He ran his hands over my back and shoulders rubbing them.

"Are you okay?" He asked after a few moments.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I heard."

"You heard what?"

"About the baby. About Layla's baby."

"Did she tell you?"

"Yeah she didn't want you to keep any secrets. She also told Carlo, hes as happy as can be. I do t think I have ever seen him smile that big a day in my life."

"That sweet. She was so scared."

"So how are you?"

"I'm as fine as I can be."

"Please don't lie to me, Jasmine. You smiled but it was fake and I seen it. I know you not okay, I just want you to talk to me." I took in a deep breath.

"I'm not okay." I said looking over my shoulder at him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"We will be okay. One day. Did you tell her?"

"I can't. I don't want to ruin her moment. This isn't about me or our baby anymore. Our baby is dead and her baby just started its life."

"But we just lost our baby."

"Yeah six weeks ago. But she's getting married and have a baby, all the attention is on her right now and that how it should stay. Are you okay? "

"Yeah. We lost ours but we will have another and we will get married. I just try to stay focused on the future and present. And right now your my future and my present. You are all that matters to me." He laid his head against mine.

"Do you think that we will see her again?"

"Who?"

"Our baby."

"It was a she?"

"I like to think she was but it was to early to know. I told you a week after I found out."

"Oh. I think we will see her again, one day."

"Good because I would love to have met her. "

"Me too. "

"I still want kids, Marco. I just wanted to get that in the open so I'm not as scared as she was when she found out."

"I want kids with you still. You have nothing to worry about because when the time does come, and hopefully when your ready, we will take care of them together."

"Always,"

"And forever." He turned my head and  kissed me on the lips.

"Me and you."

"You and me." He kissed me head and I finally started to relax in his arms in the warm water.