chapter 45

Jasmine's POV *

When I woke up Marco had his arms around me and he was sleeping soundly. I carefully go up and walked to Layla's room. I knocked and after I got a come in I walked inside. Carlo wasn't there but Layla was hanging off the bed.

"You okay there, Lay?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine. I heard about your mission."

"You probably know more about it than I do. Marco was to tired and hurt last night to tell me anything."

"Yeah. Well because of the mission and the baby on the way we are moving the wedding up. Its tomorrow. I wanted to make sure you could come and I didn't want to have a bump for all the photos and the dress wouldn't fit."

"Damn really?" I sat down on to the bed.

"Yup so after your training we are going to go get our hair and nails done. Also since your my maid of honor and Marco is Carlo's best man, I knew this was the only time we can do this."

"Couldnt you do it after tha baby?"

"Yeah but I dont want to wait that long. I want to be married to the man I love before the baby. It just makes things easier. While your training we are going to a doctor appointment to see how far along I am. I wish you could come with me though."

"I'm sorry."

"Its not your fault. Its just how the world is working. It seems like it's going against us then working with us."

"Yeah I guess so."
-------------
The day finally ended, we had our hair and nails done and we made sure everything was ready for tomorrow. Her dress was so beautiful and she even got a after dress to wear that was lighter and easier to dance in. Marco stayed in bed all day sleeping and the only time he got up was to eat dinner with the rest of us but then he went back and fell right to sleep. Yesterday must have worn him out and he was trying to gain his strength again. After tomorrow I would no longer be in his mafia. I would be part of the Scottish Mafia and I would be put of Marco's reach, he wouldn't be able to help or save me. I am thankful for Valerie because without her volunteering to come with me I might not be able to do it by myself or I would easily break under the control of the Scottish but either way I'm happy shes the once coming. Ever since I met her she has been helping me, she helped me escape, which risked her life luckily Marco came as back up. Shes strong and carefree. And honestly shes the best.

I walked up to our room and when I walked inside Marco was asleep and the lights were off. I walked to the bathroom and go into the shower. There was a knock on the door and Marco came in rubbing his eyes.

"Hi, Darling. Mind if I join you? " He said smiling at me. I returned one back and shook my head yes and he took of the shorts that were hanging loosely on him anyways. He walked to the shower slowly and I turned the water from very hot to warm so it wouldn't burn to much on his open wound. Once he was inside the shower he wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind me and laid his head at the base of my neck.

"I'm sorry." He said slowly and softly.

"For what?"

"For not being good enough."

"What?" I turned to face him. His face was relaxed and you could see the tiredness under his eyes.

"I'm not good enough for you. I couldn't even protect you from myself." His face showed his emotion and his eyes filled with tears.

"Marco, where are you getting this from?" I wrapped my arms around him but I didn't tightened my arms.

"Because of me you have to go on a mission that could get you kill. Tomorrow night you will no longer be able to be mine. You'll be with the Scottish and I cant protect you. Valerie is strong and I know she'll protect you but I wish it could be me. It should be me. You almost died because I wanted you and wasn't willing to share. After word got out that I had you, you had a target on your back. I had men following you everywhere you went just to keep you safe but that night on our date when you got shot, it was the worse night of my life or when you were kidnapped and I didnt know if you were alive or dead." tear fell from his eyes.

"Marco, theres nothing you can so to keep me safe at every given moment. But look at us now," he looked me up and down and then his eyes were back on mine, "we are together. I'm alive and so are you. I have always had a target on my back but with you I feel safe. I dont want to go on this mission just as much as you dont want me to. But we have to get rid of them. They ruined our life and they need to pay for that. We will make them pay. It will only take a couple weeks and then I'll be back here with you and we can start our family. But right now we need to stay focused on today not tomorrow, not next week, today, okay?" I wiped his tears from his cheeks and kissed his cheek.

"I like the idea of us starting a family once you get back." He said smiling but still having tears in his ocean blue eyes.

"Good because that's what we are going to do." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down to me and kissed him on the lips. His soft lips were warm and as we kissed I forgot everything else around us. While we kissed I forgot that this might be the last time I'll ever get to kiss him like this and that tomorrow night after the wedding I will not belong in his mafia. I'll be in the Scottish mafia and one wrong move I'll be dead. But just like I said to Marco, I need to focus on today, not tomorrow.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this far and I hope your liking it. Please show your support by staring and following me. If you have any questions please ask them in the comments and I reply to everyone. As some of yall have caught on that I do use show phrases like the vampire diaries and criminal minds. Feel free to ask anything or comment and I'll be sure to answer your question and just chat with you in the comments. I appreciate all of you and there will be some spicy scenes coming :)

Also I'm working on other books and if you want to keep updated on them follow. Here's one of the ones I'm working on;

"Marcellus is a assassin, who was ordered to kill the princess of the Greek empire, Maeve. But something comes over him and he no longer wants to end her life, instead, he gets swept up in the beauty of the princess. He knows that if he doesn't kill her before she is crowned queen, he will be the one killed. Will he risk his life for a girl he just met or will he save himself and do the job he has to?"

This will be up to read shortly and it's called My Princess