chapter 39

Jasmine's pov*

"Buongiorno"
(Good morning)

"Matin"(Morning) I didn't open my eyes but i felt Marco body heat radiating off of him. When I opened my eyes he was leaning over me, his eyes bright and his smile beautiful as always. His face looked like as if nothing happened the night before, like he was drinking, like he didn't end the night crying and laughing. His face was perfect and not a single sign of the feelings that was let out.

"Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to kiss me?" Marco said in a teasing voice.

"I would never kiss you with that morning breath." I said smiling. He gasped as if I stabbed him and put his hand on his chest.

"Do you mean this breath?" He said kissing me. After the kiss ended his smile was as big as ever.

There was a pounding on thw door before it opened.

"Lets g-, oh shit!" Carlo said but suddenly stopping at the door.

"Get out, Carlo!" Marco said yelling and sighing.

"I would but I have a woman in my room call for yours." He leaned over so he could see over Marco to see me and gave me a gin. "And plus business is calling and we have shit to do." Marco looked back at me and gave my head a kiss before he let out a sigh and moved so I could get up.

I changed and left Marco and Carlo talking to each other and going over plans. I met Layla in her room, she was laying under the blankets with her head covered. I plopped down on the spot next to her and got into the blankets.

"So? You needed me?"

"What was with the noise last time?"

"Is that really why you had me come?"

"No."

"Then why?"

"I need your help."

"With?"

"Whens the last time you got your period? "

"Ummm. I'm not sure. Why?"

"Well since we have our periods a week after each other, I wondered when you last had your."

"Well after, well you know, I haven't gotten mine." I gestured to my stomach. Layla gave a sad smile.

"Well I haven't gotten mine."

"So you think you might be pregnant? When was your last period?"

"A week before Carlo asked me to marry him, so about 2 months."

"And you just realized? "

"I was caught up in the moment, I am so happy to be marrying him and we have been so busy with the wedding that's in less than 2 weeks and Christmas is tomorrow. Then we had the whole thing with you and Marco and I thought I was gonna lose my maid of honor and my bestfriend."

"Have you gotten a pregnancy test?"

"I can't. "

"Why not?"

"Because me and Carlo's accounts are linked and if I'm not pregnant then I don't want to scare him."

"Okay well I can get them. Marco's account is linked with mine after I moved in but I can just tell him what's happening, okay?"

"Okay, but not until yet."

"Okay, now get your ass out of that bed and let's go get those tests."

_________________

Me and Layla got the tests. She was pacing around the room right after she took them.
"Layla, you gotta calm down. If there is a baby in there then you shouldn't be stressing,  stress isn't good for a baby."

"I can't calm down. What if I'm am? What am I gonna do? My wedding is so close and what about Carlo? We never talked about having kids, I knew I wanted them but what if he didn't?  Will he leave me with a kid, with his kid?"

"Layla, that man loves you. Hes not gonna leave you if your pregnant and we don't even know if you are. It's still too early to show so it won't effect your wedding."

"If I'm pregnant, what if I get rid of it? No I can't do that, no to it and especially not Carlo. That will definitely ruin things, right?" I stood up and walked to her and wrapped her in my arms.

"Layla, you do what you want with your body but if and I mean if your pregnant then you should tell Carlo."

"But what If I can't? What if I cant look him in the eyes and tell him?"

"You can." Before she could argue the timer when off and she instantly when to the bathroom to check the tests. There was 5 tests that she took because she wanted to be "sure" that they weren't wrong. I stayed in her room and didn't follow her into the bathroom. Me helping her right now makes me remember the dream I had. It made me sad to think about how right now I could be showing and buy baby stuff but I'm sitting here drinking a glass of rum and childless. I could never imagine how much I can miss someone without ever meeting them, I had a life growing inside me but now I just have a missing piece in my heart where that life use to be. It's been 6 weeks since I lost her and yet it feels like days. And the dream just made it worse. I don't know if I could ever heal myself but I know I can get revenge. Revenge on the fuckers who took her from me.

Layla had been in the bathroom for a few minutes now and I hadn't heard anything from her. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door before going in. Layla sat there on the toilet with her leg bouncing and her head down. I got down in front of her. She was crying quietly.

"Hey, hey, what's the matter?" I said softly.

"I cant bring myself to look. I'm to weak to even look how can I handle caring for a kid?"

"Layla, you kick ass on a daily basis and your so strong. Can I look for you?"

"Please." She looked me in the eyes and her eyes were red and puffy.

"Okay." I stood up and walked to the sink. At first I didn't realize I was holding my breath but I was as I flipped over all five tests taking in each answer they gave.

"Layla,-"