chapter 19

Side note: the song above is what they are dancing to, it will say when it comes on and you can listen with them.
Jasmine's pov*
"Jasmine?" Marco said softly. We where laying on the bed and my head was on his bare chest and he was stroking my hair.

"Yeah?"

"Your mother left." he didn't say it as a question but I answered anyways.
"Yeah." I said sighing.

"How could a mother leave her kid?"

"I don't know Marco. I truly don't know I wish I did."

"You know that it wasn't your fault."

"Yeah but it doesn't make it any easier."

"I know."

" I wish I knew why she left, or at least how she could leave her kids. We loved her more than anything, I always defended her and protected her. For the longest time I believed that it was my fault, like maybe if I talked to her about it or I told some one to help her. She was deep into drugs and I knew it but I didn't believe it. The late nights or her not coming home at all, then there was the fighting. It hurt so damn much, I felt like she didn't love me enough to get help for herself or fight for us. I know now that it isn't our fault, but it doesn't stop the pain from breaking you, it doesn't help you heal."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, yeah it sucked and yeah it hurt but if it didn't happen I wouldn't be the same person I am now, I might have not met you. I wouldn't switch places with anyone if I could because I wouldn't want them to feel the way I do."

"You truly are brave darling." I didn't say anything I just gave him a smile, and we fell asleep in each others arms.

I woke before Marco, I got out of his arms slowly making sure I didn't wake him. I took one more look at him before walking out of the room. I walked to Layla room which I knew Carlo would be and I needed his help. I knocked and then walked in.

"What the hell are you doing in here Jasmine." Carlo said.

"Remember how I helped you? Yeah well now I need your help." he took a deep breath and covered his head with his shirt.

"With what?"

"I need you to pack Marco's clothes."

"He can do it himself he has both arms."

"Yeah but then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?"

"Fine when?"

"After we leave."

"Fine now get out."

"Don't be in such a mood from what I heard last night you should be in a great mood." That made Layla pop her head out of the covers, a gave her a smile before leaving.

I was gonna take Marco for lunch and then after that are stuff should be in the car when we get back so we can leave. It was 11 am so I figured I should get a shower and then get dressed. When I walked back into our room Marco was up.

"Where did you go?" I had to think quickly because I didn't want to ruin the surprise.

"I went to go get tampons from you sister, but she didn't have any so I asked Valerie and she only had one so I just put that one in, in her restroom."

"Oh okay?"

"I'm gonna take a shower, we are going somewhere at 12 so be ready."

"Where are we going?"

"You will see but nothing no fancy okay?" He got up from the bed and kissed my head.

"okay." I gave him a smile and then walked to the closet and grabbed a pair of black lace panties and a black lace bra, I grabbed a pair of black jeans and a rolling stones tee. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door and turned on the shower, and got in.

Valerie lived her now because she helped me, turned out she was gay. Her and Maylie have been spending quite a lot of time together, hell they have even been flirting but when someone says anything they both deny the hell out of it even though we all know about it. Layla asked me to be a brides maid of honor, and of course I said yes, I have been helping her plan ever since I woke up after surgery. She is gonna have a beach wedding and then they are gonna go to Sweden for the honeymoon, I have no clue to why they chose Sweden, i guess it had something about their history together. They truly were made for each other.

Marco's mom left the day I came back from the hospital, I don't know what I ever did to her to make her this way to me. I gave Ambrose my sister's number, I didn't want to but Ambrose really wanted it. Ambrose was attractive not gonna lie, he was tall just like the rest of the men that worked here and he has abs and brown curly hair that was longer on the top, he was nice but quiet, very much unlike my sister, my sister wasn't loud but she loved to argue with people, she don't like to be wrong, I think they will make a great pair. My sister texted me and said she was sorry this which I know was hard for her, but I love her and even with her saying stuff about my relationship I will always love her. I washed my body and hair and got out of the shower. I dried my hair and put on my clothes. When I walked out Marco was full changed and he was doing his hair. God that man loved to make sure his hair was perfect. He looked hot, he is wearing a pair of black jeans and a nice shirt on.

"Hey baby" he said looking at me from the mirror.

"You ready?"
"I would be if this fucking hair went in it place." I walked to him and smoothed it down.

"Better?"

"Yeah"

"Okay good now lets go, I'm driving."

"Okay but first." he pulled me into a kiss.

"I love you baby."

"I love you." I pulled away and forced him out of the room with me. We got into the car and I drove us to a small diner. I called a head to have a placed reserved for only us.

"What's this for?"

"Its for your birthday and because I love you Marco."

"Who told you its my birthday?"

"Carlo."

"That mother fucker."

"Come here baby." I pulled him in and hugged him.

"Lets eat and have a good time okay?"
"Okay."

We ate and he walked over to my side of the table. (Start song now!)
He pulled me up out of my seat and held my hand in his. He put my other on his shoulder and he put his on my hip. With the hand he had in his and laced are fingers through mine.
"' If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you. Drive highways and byways to be there with you. Over and over the only truth. Everything comes back to you'" he sang in my ear. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat.

"Dont leave me Marco."

"I wont ever leave you Jasmine."

"I love you so damn much Marco."

"I love you so damn much too Jasmine."

He pulled away and he looked me in the eyes, then he started to get on one knee, he let go of my hand and reached in to his pocket. He looked up at me and his eyes started to tear up but he gave me his best smile, I was smiling too. He pulled out a little box and opened it, it was a beautiful ring, with a black diamond. My breath hitched when he started to talk.

"Jasmine, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have changed me in many ways and I don't think I could live without you. You brought so much light in to my life. When you got shot I knew I couldn't truly live without you. You have been through hell and you made it out with a smile. You brought me out of hell with you. I love you more than you truly know, will you do me the honor of being my wife? Will you marry me Jasmine Isabelle Toussaint?" We both were crying now.

"Of course Marco!" He jumped up and picked me up into his arms. He spined me around and kissed me. After he put me back on to the ground he put the ring on my hand.

"I love you so much Marco!"

"I love you too Jasmine!"