Chapter Fourteen

|{Omniscient}|

This was turning out to be one of the longest days of Qani's life. So much shit was unpacked that he didn't even know where to start processing them from. Like what the actual fuck?!

His head hurt so bad, and he was tired and angry and feeling a thousand different emotions all at once. But at the same time he couldn't help but wonder what Ri was feeling right now. It wasn't everyday one realized that one of their friends was in fact their sibling.

To be honest everyone was feeling a lot of different emotions at the moment. And the only way Qani could think of to help himself feel better was to have Ri in his arms, cuddling and sleeping next to him. But Ri's parents had taken him home, while Qani's dad held him back to talk.

Everyone else had gone off to their various destinations. Sebby sat in the car waiting on his husband and son to wrap up whatever it was they were talking about. A hot shower and some serious sleep was what he needed to get through this chaotic day.

Quincy shoved both of his hands into his hoodie and met his son's gaze. Qani tried to look down, but the man wouldn't let him. "Nah, pick your head up and look at me."

Qani grumbled and did what he was told. Somehow he just knew he wasn't going to like the direction of this conversation.

"I know what you thinking and plotting, and I'll probably do the same in your shoes. But I want you to stop thinking that shit right na." Quincy said in an extremely calm voice.

"What? Dad i..."

"What you needa do is focus on doing the shit you been wanting to do, which is get drafted. Leave the rest to me, I'll handle it."

"Hel nah pops, I can handle my own shit myself! This isn't your..."

"Take that base out your voice when you talking to me fo I slap the shit out'chu boy." Quincy's voice became venomous and his eyes darkened.

"We been did this street shit so y'all ain't had to do it. Now you can woof all you want but the truth is your soft ass ain't built for this shit." Quincy knew he was being mean but he didn't give a shit. He was angry at everything right now.

"Neither are you! You retired remember?!" Qani yelled back, ignoring the glint of fear he felt in his stomach for talking in his pops face like that.

"Goes to show you ain't know shit youngin, ain't no retiring in this shit! I'm in this bitch till I breathe my last breath, best believe that."

Qani flinched at the unfamiliar venom coming out of his father's voice. He wasn't used to being on the receiving end of this side of the man. Matter of fact he was used to the extremely soft side which was almost nonexistent.

Quincy saw the terror in his son's eyes and exhaled. He wasn't even mad at the boy specifically, he was furious at everything, and himself for relaxing too much and letting his kids fall off like this. One is knocked up by the enemy and trapping, while the other one was at the brink of throwing his life away. He felt powerless and that was one word he never would've thought he'd use in the same sentence as himself. "Look boy, I can't lie and say I didn't mean nunna the shit I just said, cos I did. But maybe I coulda worded it better."

Qani discreetly rolled his eyes, 'what an apology' he thought. But knowing his dad he knew this was the most he was ever gon get out of the man.

"One stain in your sheet and your chances of going pro becomes slim to none. You still wanna play don't you?"

Qani shuffled a little bit, unwilling to back down. His pops just called him soft, that didn't feel too good. "Yeah." He finally responded.

"Good, then play. Focus on that, and leave the rest to me." Qani nodded, and his dad continued. "And maybe you and your cousin could focus on your own shit for a bit. You know, so your head can be in the game. Y'all always together, that might be killing your game a little bit."

"Nah." Qani responded, cringing at 'cousin'.

"Nah What? I ain't saying beef with him, I'm saying maybe take some time apart and see how..."

"Nah pops I'm not doing that. Ri don't make ma game suffer, if anything he makes it better. He as good as I am on the field and he could've gone pro if he really wanted to, but he chose to do sum else. He helps me practice round the clock, and help keep my grade stable. So nah pops, imma quit all this shit before I cut him off."

Quincy let out an exasperated breath. "Ain't nobody saying cut him off, you're dramatic as hel. See what I mean? Soft ass." The man mumbled the last part as he made his way towards the car.

Qani stood there for a bit wondering how it was possible for him to love and hate one person so much. People said he was a replica of his father In every way, but he sure as hel hoped not.

——

Qani waited until Rio's parents were asleep before climbing into Ri's room through the window. Ri was asleep under the covers, curled into himself.

Rio heard the creaking sound of his window opening and knew who it was without turning around. He'd intentionally left it unlocked because he'd suspected Qani would come over. But a part of the injured boy was a little afraid of what Q's reaction would be though. After all, Ri and blatantly told all his business in front of everyone.

Yes he'd done it for Q's own good, but he still felt a bit guilty. Plus the last thing he wanted was for the older male to be mad at him. He shrunk further into himself as he continued hear movements in his room.

Qani quickly took off his jacket and threw it on the floor, followed by his shoes and beanie. He moved to where Ri's phone charger was and plugged his phone in, then climbed into bed with his best friend.

He embraced Rio from behind, then smiled to himself when the boy kept pretending to be asleep. "I know you're awake. And I'm not mad at you."

Rio turned around immediately, coming face to face with Qani. "You're not?" He asked softly.

"Nah. Not at you."

"I'm sorry still. I should've talked to you first."

Qani moved forward and took Rio's lips in a gentle kiss that only lasted a moment. "I love you." He said, changing the topic.

He didn't want to talk or process any of that mess today, he just wanted to fall asleep and wake up next to his soulmate. Everything else would be taken care of another time. "Goodnight baby." Qani mumbled sleepily into Ri's hair as the boy held onto him tightly.