Part 1: Moving Day

|{Qani James}|

After finishing his breakfast, Qani sighed and got on his feet, in search of his parents. His papa had forced him to have breakfast, right before he disappeared to who knew where. Even though Qani had clearly stated that he didn't want to.

Just as his dad had forced him into moving out of his dorms and into an off campus residence, 'no fucking dorms is fit for my boy, he'd said', which was how Qani ended up here this faithful morning. His protest to remain where he was had fallen on deaf ears, and if there was one thing his dad was gonna get, it was whatever the fuck he wanted, as annoying as that was.
In shot, his parents liked to do too much.

As if that wasn't enough, his dad had also insisted on helping him move, like I can fucking move my own shit, thank you very much. But no dice.

Imaging being a twenty year old, with your dad setting up your spot for you. He loved his dad to death but the man was overbearing as hell. He still brought Qani food at school on random occasions, as if he was a child, causing his teammates to tease him. 'Daddy's boy' was hardly the coolest name a nigga would wanna have, you know.

He walked out of another room, with no luck in locating his parents. Where the fuck were they? If he had any chance of meeting up with his teammates for the team bonding exercise they had this evening, they had to get a move on.

He scoffed in irritation as he checked yet another room with no luck. This was his problem with this enormous house, he would never understand why six people would need a nine bedroom mansion, plus pool house. "So unnecessary." He mumbled.

He started towards the gym when a loud bang made him change directions, and turned toward the back of the house. He followed the rhythmic noise past the kitchen and pantry into the utility room, where he found his parents with their tongues down each other's throats, on top of the washing machine.
He was gonna fucking vomit.

"Ew!! I'mma do my laundry at school from now on." Qani exclaimed, covering his eyes in horror.

"Don't be ridiculous honey, I'll always do your laundry." His papa said, fixing his clothes.

"Whatever. Dad come on, I ain't got all day. We gotta go." He complained petulantly.
He was aware that he was getting agitated, but if they were gonna force him to do shit he didn't wanna do, then they sure as hell was gonna put their teenage style groping aside and help him in a timely fashion.

Quincy, Qani's dad groaned and pulled his shirt down, before muttering, "I'm so glad y'all hating ass mutherfuckers is getting the fuck outta my house." Qani rolled his eyes and left the room.

Ten to fifteen minutes later his parents emerged, fully dressed. "Where Rio at?" Quincy asked, as he stepped into the kitchen to flick his son's forehead, before turning to fix himself a plate.

"Why you asking me like I'm his keeper?" He protested nonsensically, because why would his dad just assume Rio was here just because he was home?

His dad gave him a -you're kidding right?- stare in return, making him huff in resignation. "He's upstairs, asleep."

Quincy laughed. "Of course he is, y'all two mane. You might wanna wake his ass up to have some breakfast before the wolves get out of bed though."

"Don't listen to him honey, I think it's sweet how close you to two are." Sebby, Qani's papa chimed in, before turning to his husband. "You're one to talk babe, you're extremely close to your brother."

"Not that close, stop lying to this boy." Quincy retorted without missing a beat.

"Wow, y'all just succeeded in making it weird." Qani said flatly. "Apa can you please fix a to-go plate for Ri? I'm gonna wake him up, then we gotta go."

Qani couldn't pronounce 'papa' as a baby, so he'd just ended up calling his papa 'apa' instead. Somehow that stuck and both he and all his siblings called him that now.

"Sure sweetheart, you got it." Sebby agreed.

Qani shot off a quick 'good morning' text to his baby, before dashing up the stairs to wake Rio.

Getting there, he kicked Rio's feet mildly. "Ri get your ass up, we gotta go! I thought you said you was here to help me, and you just here sleeping."

Rio groaned and stretched, turning to look at his cousin, sleepily. "I'm up, I'm up. Damn!"

"You ain't, but go off." Qani quipped, rolling his eyes. He tossed Rio's phone at him. "Ali was blowing you up last night."

"Ugh! That nígga is mad irritating, what he want?" Rio asked."

"What I look like? Your secretary? Pass me that bag right there." Qani retorted distractedly, zipping up the last of his duffle bags.

Rio gave him a disbelieving glare. "You ain't pick up nigga?" They took each other's calls, that was tradition.

"I did, but I don't remember nothing that nigga said. He said sum about needing to talk to you urgently about some unexpected shit that went down, or whatever. Ain't he y'all's quarterback though? Maybe it's about football and not y'all's little whatever the fuck y'all got going on."

"I'm hungry!" Was Rio's response.

Qani shook his head and picked up his duffle bag, before exiting the room. "If you ain't down in ten minutes I'm leaving your ass behind." He called over his shoulder as he went.

"Jesus! Can we use our inside voices please!" Quila wailed from her bedroom, which was next to Qani's.

He was definitely moving into the pool house come Christmas. "Sorry princess." He said and kept walking.

He was probably downstairs five minutes before Rio stumbled down, looking a mess.
"Hey unc." He greeted.

"Wassup junior, your parents know you're skipping school?" Quincy asked him.

Rio yawned obnoxiously, rubbing his hand over his stomach. "It depends on their definition of 'school skipping', I'm merely just exercising my human right of taking a day off." Rio responded.
He wasn't called the bullshitter for no reason.

Quincy snorted. "That's a load of horse-shit, and I'm calling your dad." He said, and carried the last of Qani's stuff outside.

Qani handed Rio a Tupperware full of food. "Here, you can eat on your way to school, dad and I can handle this. I'mma call you later." Qani said.

"Nah man, I can..."

"Take your ass to school Ri, I don't want your pops getting on me about encouraging your bad behavior. And don't think I don't peep that you're wearing my shirt either, better wash and put it back later. I ain't playing with you."

Rio flipped him off, sticking his tongue out childishly. Before Qani could say anything else his phone chimed, it was a text from Bram. He smiled cheesily and opened it.

Bram: Babe, sorry I missed your call. I'm exhausted from this essay I have to completely by tonight, I swear Mr bowtie hates me. Text me when you get in, I'm in desperate need of a cuddle. Love you bonehead.

Bram: *complete. Oops😬

Qani's heart swelled as he grinned from ear to ear. When he looked back up Rio had disappeared, probably back upstairs waking up the rest of the household.

Qani sighed and left the house.
He knew Rio wandered off because he'd known the text he got was from Bram. He needed to find a way to get those two to like each other for real. He couldn't have the two people who meant the most to him hating each other like this.

____________________________

A/N
I've been told my books are too 'explicit', so I'mma try to keep this one as PG as I can. My brain ain't got no vanilla in it, but I'mma try.
I make no promises though🙈