Part 17: Fall-Out II

|{Omniscient}|

Later in the day, after Qani's assignment had been submitted and everything, they were back to Qani's place and chilling. Rio was going back to school the following day, after having served out his three week suspension, and he wanted to hang with Q for a bit before going home.

Rio and Qani were playing the game in the living room when Rio noticed Bram walk to the kitchen area, so he excused himself and followed Bram.

"I know what you're doing, stop it. It ain't cute." Rio said to Bram when he found him with his head in the fridge.

Bram looked at him and scoffed. "Moron." He mumbled under his breath.

"You ain't slick bitch, you tryna come between me and my cousin for what? Make it make sense hoe." Rio added, he was so convinced that Bram had something to do with Qani's laptop, and he had a feeling he'd done that with the intention of framing Rio.

Bram snorted and closed the fridge, turning to face Rio. "What I'm doing? How about what you're doing Rio? How about that? You're sabotaging my relationship because you're inlove with your so called cousin, and I'm the problem? right."

Rio's jaw dropped, he was flabbergasted. "The fuck you mean by that? That's a fucked up accusation to make, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Bram shook his head. "It's either you're in the worst kind of denial or you're just plain stupid." Bram retorted grimly.

"Nigga I'll break your spirit soul and body if keep trying me, who you think you're talking to? Q can be blinded by your basic ass all he want, but I can see through your crazy." Rio said, he was doing everything within his power not to lose his shit.

Bram smirked, and it quickly grew into a maniacal grin, then he started to laugh sardonically.

Rio looked at him confused. "What's so funny? Are you high or sum?" He questioned.

They both heard Qani calling out to them, asking where they were.
And that was when it happened.

"AAHHHHHHH! stop it Rio, what are you doing?!! Stop hitting me, please stop!" Bram began to yell on top of his voice, fake tears falling out of his eyes.

Rio's eyes widened dramatically, because what the entire fuck was going on? "What the hell? I didn't touch you nigga, you crazy." Rio protested. He could hear quick movements that he recognized as Qani's approaching them. "I don't know what you're tryna do, but Q will never believe you."

Bram's grin increased rapidly, then he moved back just a little and smashed his head on the cabinet mirror hard as fuck before Rio could stop him. Blood started to gush out of his face. "Rio please stop it. QANI HELP!!" Bram screamed, trembling from head to toe.

Qani rushed over and pushed Rio aside and held Bram. "What the fuck Ri?! Have you lost your mind?"

"I didn't... I didn't do anything, he just,.. he just lost it and started hitting me."'Bram trembled, holding on to Qani.

"Q I didn't do this, I didn't touch this nigga, you gotta believe me." Rio tried to explain even though all the evidence made him look guilty, but he still hoped that Q would believe him regardless.

"Get the fuck out!" Qani yelled, shocking Rio to his core.

"What? You kicking me out? I didn't do this! This nígga is lying, just like he lied that time about the truce thing. I tried to call a truce and he punked me, and then lied to you about it. He just stirring shit up!" Rio said at the top of his voice, trying not to cry.

"Go the fuck home Ri, I gotta find away to clean up your mess as usual. And you keep lying, What the fuck is up with that anyway? When did you start lying so much? Just take your ass home 'fo I get pissed!" Qani growled.

Rio stood there frozen as he felt his heart break into a million little pieces. His chest physically hurt from the intense pain his heart was struggling to contain, he'd never thought he would ever see the day where Qani would hurt him like this. Why wouldn't he believe me? He thought as tears started to fall freely down his cheek.
Then he turned around and walked away.

Qani looked down sadly, he hadn't meant to make Ri cry, he'd never liked when he cried. His heart was breaking too.
What would possess Ri to do some shit like this?

"Ri wait!" Qani called out, suddenly snapping out of his trance. "I'm sorry, hol up a second."

"You're going after him? I'm bleeding and you're going after him?" Bram exclaimed, looking shocked and hurt.

"I'll be back in one minute, im sorry. I can't let him go off like that, there's a serial killer on campus and it's dangerous. I'mma be just a second..." Qani pleaded with Bram and ran after Rio without waiting for a response.

That serial killer shit been in the news for weeks now, and as much as Qani was confident that Ri can handle himself, he still wanted to make sure.

He caught up with Rio right before he stepped out of the front door. "Ri stop! It's been crazy 'round here lately, lemme call you an Uber."

Rio slowly turned to face Qani. "Do you believe me? Do you believe I ain't touch that nigga?" Rio tried for the last time.

"Look, it don't matter right now, we can talk about that later, right now I'm more concerned about..."

"Fuck you Q." Rio said calmly. "Don't ever speak to me again, for fucking ever." He added and walked out without looking back.

Qani stood there for a minute longer, confused as fuck. He didn't know wether to go after Rio, or go take Bram to the hospital. Eventually he ran back inside to get Bram some medical care, and convince him not to press charges against Ri.
He just had to trust that Ri would be okay.