Part 22: Eye opener

|{Qani James}|

Qani shouldered open the door of his apartment and surveyed the wreckage.
A pizza box lay open on the coffee table, next to it lay a half eaten slice and an open soda can, empty beer bottles littered the remaining space on the coffee table, and two chocolate wrappers lay underneath.

He walked into the kitchen and sighed at he sight before him.

Qani wasn't a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, he'd in fact been accused of being too comfortable in filth-like conditions in the past, yet even he couldn't bare to spare more than a scarce glance at this heap of mess before him. There were broken glass mixed with dried up blood everywhere, traces of water that must've spilled onto the floor somehow made it all look even worse.
He turned right back around and walked out.

He'd been at the hospital with Bram all night, and all day today, it was now late evening. Bram had lost a lot of blood and the doctor feared he might have a concussion so they wanted him to stay a while. Qani only came back to grab a shower while Bram's grandparents were at the hospital, but he guessed that was out of the question now.

He just wanted to go home and be holed up in bed with Ri for a day or two, eating cabs and watching cartoons, or them trash ass reality shit Ri liked so much, that'll definitely heal his current mood.

Yes he was well aware that Ri was upset with him, the unanswered calls said as much, but Ri had never been able to stay mad at him, and this wasn't going to be any different. Besides angry or not he needed an explanation on why Ri did what he did.

When Qani left the apartment, he saw Stanley leaning against the wall in the hallway with his arm around his girl, next to them stood Kade. They were all chilling and smoking a joint, but the expressions on their faces were somber.

"Sup Q!" Kade called out.

Qani stopped and dapped his teammates up, then waved at the girl, before inquiring about what had them looking like someone died.

Kade snorted. "Cos someone did nígga, where you been at? You ain't hear about Leo? That crazy mutherfucker killing niggas on campus got him man. Three days ago." Kade told him.

Stanley and his girl went on to explain in detail how the killer had carried out his business. Damn! I have to start carrying again, 'cos we finna die together if that psycho come anywhere near me. Qani thought.

Qani couldn't help but shudder a little bit, as a chill ran through his spine. while he and Leo hadn't seen eye to eye, they were often told that they looked disturbingly alike, so much so that they could pass for twins if one blinked fast enough. He couldn't believe that nigga was dead.

He shuddered even more at the brutality of the death. Apparently Leo had been found with glass sticking out of his ass and face, with blade-like marks scattered all over his body. According to speculation the now diseased male had been penetrated as well, after he was killed.

"That's nasty bruh, damn! I'm sorry to hear that." Qani finally commented when he could find his voice again. "Look I gotta bounce, but y'all be careful out here." He dapped them up once more and turned to leave.

"Yo hold on a second!" Kade called out and Qani stopped and turned to face him. "How's your couz doing? I gave him a ride last night and he looked hella sad man, he goo..."