Part 10: B.S

|{TJ James}|

|{TJ James}|

Nine times out of ten, school mornings in the James household were noisy, chaotic, and borderline rioty. There was usually a colossal amount of shouting involved, some shit talking, and your occasional food fights.
But not this morning, this morning so happened to be the one morning that TJ's papa chose to look at his grades, which was highly redundant if he was asked, because he has made straight A's his entire educational career.

His dad had already gone to work, his siblings to school, and he was running late and over it.

He took a bite out of his apple and watched as his papa's expression went from serious, to smiley, then a full on happy grin.

"This is amazing sweetie! Aw you're so smart, you must be related to me" Sebby joked.

TJ rolled his eyes playfully and muttered, "I must've got my un-funniness from you as well."

Sebby's eyes widened dramatically, his mouth agape. "Was that an actual attempt at a joke? Oh my God, alert the media! There might be hope for you yet my child." Sebby declared with a wide grin on his face.

TJ stared at his papa in amazement, his level of nerdiness was mind boggling. "Bye apa." He said in a flat voice before turning towards the exit door.

"Bye sweetheart! Love youuuu!!!" Sebby yelled after him excitedly.

TJ threw up a peace sign over his shoulder and walked out the door. He was so incredibly glad he never liked sports, now only Qani had to go through the embarrassing yells his parents took with them to every game, which were a thousand times worse than this.
They were so fucking embarrassing.

——

A bunch of hours and some classes later TJ sat in the cafeteria by himself, earphones in, and reading a pdf book on his phone. Reading was easily the most therapeutic thing to ever exist to him, he could literally read and walk on a main road if that didn't equal deadly mobile accident.

He had no idea where his friends were, but he was lowkey grateful for the peace and quiet. Even more than that, TJ was grateful that he hadn't seen that walking, talking migraine so far, that was icing on the cake.

But of course the universe liked to fuck with him, because not even ten minutes later he saw a 6'ft shaped annoyance standing in front of him, using hand gestures to ask him to take his earphones out.
What the fuck did he want now?

Reluctantly TJ took them out and threw Harlem an inquiring glare. Harlem sat down opposite him and said.

"Your entire family is crazy, on some serious shit, you see my face?" Harlem said. Even though his words suggested that he was pissed, his tone came off weirdly conversational.