Chapter Six

|{Omniscient}|

|{Omniscient}|

Qani sat on a railing out by the patio and watched Rio's every move. He was on his second blunt for the night and so far it did absolutely nothing to quench the rage that was boiling up inside of him. He wasn't sure why but seeing Ri next to that boy made him see nothing but red.

Rio's wild smile occupied Qani's thoughts, his skin glowed flawlessly all the way from over there. He looked so fucking beautiful in his red hoodie and black jeans. But he'd always been that, so that was neither here nor there.

Damn it!
He couldn't concentrate on nothing else, what the fuck was wrong with him? He was confused by everything he was feeling, he wasn't sure what exactly he felt and why, shit he wasn't even sure why he was mad at Ri, he just was. His heart hurt and he didn't know why, he wanted to talk to Ri but he didn't want to at the same time. He wanted to scream, but didn't want to either. His nerves, his mind, and his fucking heart were in shambles.

Maybe I should leave, he thought.
Maybe I should sneak out back and leave, then deal with the consequences later.

Taking the last hit outta of his blunt he jumped down from the railing and stepped on the spent weed, quenching it.
"Maybe it's fuck everything and everyone." He mumbled, then made his way straight to where Rio sat.

Rio felt Qani even before he looked up to meet and hold the intense gaze of his best friend as he approached them. His stomach went through several twist and turns that should be impossible in such short amount of time...seconds.
Qani looked a little skinnier, and his hair was all over the place just as it had been the last time they'd seen each other. He looked good though, Rio thought offhandedly.

Qani had eight pairs of eyes boring a hole in his head by the time he got to his destination, but he couldn't manage to give a minuscule of a fuck if his life depended on it. He held out his left hand, wordlessly asking Rio to take it. "Come on." He said.

Everyone in the gathering tried to pretend they weren't being nosy, but they were. Well, except for TJ who had a smirk on his face, and Omar who's frown steadily grew by the second.

Rio looked from the outstretched hand, to Qani's expressionless face. Without giving it too much thought he took Qani's hand and let the older male help him up.

Omar reflectively tried to get up as well, but was unfortunately met with a rudeness he hadn't bargained for. "Sit your ass down nígga!" Qani snapped at the boy.

"Wait hold on, who's this?" Omar asked Rio.

"Don't do it man." TJ warned quietly.