Chapter Twenty-Two

|{Qani James}|

Qani's belly was one with a snake's.
He'd tried to rebound, but he couldn't.
Even now as he walked through his Club, nothing about him seemed to function.
He paused and leaned against the bar.
Sunlight streamed through an open blind and rippled across the tables. After a moment his gaze wondered onto the VIP section that he'd been planning to modernize a little bit, then back to the dance floor where he and Ri...

"Don't." He muttered harshly. He was the last person Qani wanted to think about.
Unfortunately, Ri was all he did think about.

He ached for him, not just in his heart but everywhere else as well. He wasn't worth shit to himself or anyone else, as TJ had so aptly phrased it this morning.

"Damn bigtime, I ain't know you got it like that." Kade's words cut through Qani's thoughts.

Kade had asked if he could crash at Qani's for the holiday, the campus was empty/lonely and apparently he didn't wanna go home this time, to save money, whatever the fuck that meant.
And since Qani didn't want to be under the same roof as his dad he was living at the club temporarily. Until he could find a house of his own at least.

"It's just a hand me down." Qani replied without missing a beat, he honestly wasn't even paying attention.

"Shit I wish someone would hand me down a dope ass club like this, bro what you talking about? This shit's fire."

"Thanks man."

Kade studied his friend who was intensely quiet, and sighed. "Whatever is gnawing at your mind bro, I wish you'd just take care of it."

"I'm good, leave it alone."

"Are you though? You been fighting every and anyone that look at you wrong, and you're always mad. Come on man, one wrong punch and you could damage your hand for good, meaning no more football. I'd hate that for you bro."

"I said I'm fine, get out of ma business." Qani countered, getting mad but trying to control it.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really." Qani said through gritted teeth.

"Or you could just admit you can't live without him and go get him."

"Go get..." Qani snorted, officially mad. "Nigga what the fuck is you talking about? Go get him... nigga he broke up with me! Tha fuck is you talmbout?"

"Chill I was only trying to help."

"Who the fuck asked you nigga? I said stay out of it and you ain't listen, now you tryna play it like I'm acting out. If I say I'm good I'm good!"

"Wow." Kade breathed, then picked up his backpack and headed for the door.

"Where you going? Ain't you homeless?" Qani called, uncaring.

Kade ignored him and kept going, he wasn't going to stand there and be insulted.

"Yo this ain't tha surbs or wherever the fuck you from, if you walk out there by yourself looking like that you gon end up on a T-shirt. Let me drop you somewhere if you really wanna leave."