Part 25: Stay

|{Qani & Rio}|
|{Mid-Season Finale}|

All Qani's life he'd had to battle to keep the dark part of himself at bay. He knew he had a nasty temper, and an even nastier attitude towards people outside of his family. He was stubborn, and possessive, and a little careless with other people's feelings, he knew all this.
But somehow he'd never really had to worry about that too much, mostly because he always had Ri to balance him out. Rio was his conscience, his soft spot, and his constant reminder not to cross over to that part of himself that just didn't give a fuck.

Now however, as he was feeling Ri slowly slip away from him, he was not only afraid of losing his best friend and balance, he was also scared as shit of what would become of him if that ever happened.

He drove like a mad man to the Martinez residence, wondering what the fuck was really going on. He had no fucking idea what was happening or how it got to this point, to the point where Ri was fixing to leave LV without informing him. Qani's emotions were a mix of fear, anger, and hurt, and he sure hoped it wasn't too late to fix whatever the fuck had Rio acting out like this. At this point he didn't even give a shit what this was about anymore, he just wanted to have his boy back.

Uncle Rico opened the door for Qani when he arrived at his destination, thankfully he didn't have to wait too long at the door, Lord knew he didn't have the time or patience for none of that.

"Boy, why do you smell like wet rug? You never heard of a shower?" Rico asked, covering his nose. "Quincy your son is out here stanking!" He yelled over his shoulder and into the house.

Qani rolled his eyes and discreetly smelled himself, he almost threw up right there. He'd ran right outta the house soaked in sweat that had now dried up. So yeah, he definitely smelled like a homeless shelter.

"Is Ri here?" Qani asked softly.

Uncle Rico's amused smile transformed into a sad one instantly. "Nah, he at school. Last day and all." He told Qani.

Qani looked down at his feet sadly, his heart really hurt and he didn't like that. He'd never felt that before.

"You aight?" Rico inquired, feeling for the boy. He and Quincy had never once fought about anything their entire lives, so he could not relate to how his nephew felt. But he could clearly see how sad the boy was, and he didn't like that too much.

"Can i wait here?" Qani answered with a question of his own.

"Sure." Rico moved aside and let Qani in.

Qani walked in and found his dad eating chicken wings with the game on pause in front of him. "Ain't you supposed to be at school boy?" Quincy demanded, with a mouthful of food.

Qani rolled his eyes and continued upstairs, it was the hypocrisy for him. His dad was one to talk, like their old asses wasn't here playing hooky on a workday.

He entered Ri's room and his stomach did an uncomfortable thing. Ri's bags were all neatly packed up and placed on the bed.

Qani walked over to one of the bags and opened it, he rifled through it until he found a T-shirt and sweats he deemed worthy, and that he felt smelled like Ri enough. He carefully placed them on the bed and went to take a shower.