Chapter 14

CID

"Cid, I tried not to, but I can't control my heart anymore. I love you!"

I can't believe what Aya told me. It surprised me, and my heart was overflowing with happiness. I slowly and affectionately placed my lips on hers. 

"I love you more, My Aya! You made me the happiest today! Thank you!"

While we are gazing at each other's eyes, I know that I have to make my confession too. 

"Aya, come to dinner with me. I also need to tell you something important. I will pick you up from your apartment around 7 PM tonight."

"We can have dinner in the apartment like we usually do, Cid."

"No, I want our first dinner as a couple to be special, Aya. So please let me take you out for dinner, okay?"

"Okay, Cid!"

I brought her home after we visited the memorial park. I immediately returned to the hotel and talked to the Manager about the dinner. I want to make sure that everything will be special. And it will be my chance to reveal it to Aya. 

_________________________

AYA

"Mama Jane, I need your help!"

"Don't worry, Aya, whatever you wear, you will be beautiful. And Cid surely likes you for who you are. But we will make sure that you will look your prettiest tonight. First, let us check your closet for a dress."

I am nervous because it is my first time going on a date, like a proper date after five years. If I decide, I would prefer we have dinner here in the apartment. I don't want Cid to spend money so that he can take me to dinner. But even after my begging, he still insisted. I don't have any idea at all where Cid is bringing me for dinner. He just told me to wear an evening dress. 

I hope Mama Jane and I can find something decent in my wardrobe. It's just three hours before Cid will come to pick me up, and we still can't find anything for me to wear. I realized that my closet only has my PJs, jeans, and t-shirts I always wear for work. I am so tempted to text Cid to cancel. But while Mama Jane was also checking her closet, we heard knocking on our front door. 

Suddenly, I heard Mama Jane's footsteps toward my bedroom. 

"Who was that?" I asked.

Mama Jane entered with a paper bag. On her other hand was a card that she was reading. 

"Special delivery for My Aya, from your Cid!" She burst into a laugh. "Who would have thought that Cid has romantic cells in his body, huh!" Mama Jane was smiling as she handed me the paper bag. 

I was excited as I opened the bag. Inside was a simple but elegant evening dress, an off-shoulder satin burgundy party dress. It surprised me how Cid could find and send me a dress this instant. 

"We solved our problem! We need to fix your hair and put on some makeup, and you are ready for your Cid!"

"I'm worried about him. He might spend so much for just dinner. I should have told him not to spend so much. I wonder how much he got for his first salary as a trainee in W."

"I don't see Cid as an irresponsible guy with finances, Aya. Besides, this is your first date as a couple. I'm sure he wants to give you the best. Take a shower now, and we need to get you ready. First, I will curl your hair. I am so excited! I am getting my daughter ready for a prom night!"

___________________________

CID

I had someone from the hotel pick up Aya from their apartment. I want to give her hints starting from the dress I sent her to the chauffeur and the dinner we will share here in the hotel. And I want only the best for her. Everything I prepared for her today is nothing compared to what I usually spent with my nightlife buddies. 

Everything and anything for My Aya!

"Hello, My Aya! Someone is coming to pick you up, and he will bring you to me. I will wait for you."

"Cid, you don't have to do this. But I don't have a choice because the guy you sent to pick me up is already in front of our door. See you!"

I am so excited. Nervous about how Aya will take my big revelation. 

__________________________

AYA

I can't deny that Cid has been making my heart flutter since today. I am wondering what he has been doing. From the dress, the chauffeur, and now the car stopped in front of a hotel. There is no way that his salary will be enough for what he has spent so far. I appreciate his gestures, but I feel guilty that he has been spending a lot because of me. 

I feel like a teenager again. When I entered the hotel, the hotel manager greeted me. I asked where Cid was, and he escorted me to the top floor. I felt nervous, wondering if he would like how I dressed and looked tonight.

It would be a lie to say that I wasn't amazed. The moment the elevator stopped and opened on the floor that said P, I saw petals of red roses scattered on the floor.

"Please follow where the petals lead, Madam," the manager said before he closed the elevator door and left me standing. 

I meandered through the floor, leading to a door where the petals ended. Beyond the door were lighted candles placed on the floor to guide the pathway. As I walked into the middle of the room, I realized that the room I was inside was probably what they call the penthouse in hotels. That confirms the P in the elevator. The candles led to another door, which I can see as leading to an outdoor part of the penthouse. When I reached the other side of the second door, I gasped at the scenario that welcomed me. 

(Source: Ryan Graham Image Londolozi Fine Art)

From the right side of the pool area came out Cid in perfection. I stopped walking. I looked at his face as he walked toward me. He smiled as he held a bunch of pink roses in his hand. I smiled at him. As he got near where I was standing, I saw his perfectly shaped face, sparkling blue eyes, reddish lips, Grecian nose, and chocolate brown hair. 

My eyes can't believe that I'm in front of him right now. It feels like my chest is going to explode with happiness. But I can hear my heart's loud and fast beating. 

You might have done something good in your previous life, Aya!

"My Aya, you look breathtakingly beautiful! These flowers are for you."

Cid held my hand and led me to the table at the pool's end. 

***