EPILOGUE

TWO YEARS AFTER (UAMS MEDICAL CENTER-LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS)

"Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Waldon! Your healthy baby boy has arrived!" 

Everyone inside Aya's private delivery room was clapping and ecstatic upon hearing her OB-Gene's announcement. Cid was beside Aya, holding her hand the whole time from labor to delivery. He placed the softest and deepest kiss on Aya's forehead and lips. She was the bravest woman he had ever seen, for undergoing labor for 12 hours and choosing a normal delivery wide awake. She doesn't want to miss anything as she gave birth to their son, DANIEL CID WALDON. 

"I love you, My Aya! Thank you for giving me the greatest gift, our son! You were amazing!"

"I love you, Cid!"

___________________________

AYA

Exactly an hour after I gave birth, I was still in awe while I gazed at this precious little Cid in my arms. Then, a nurse brought our son inside my room for breastfeeding. It is the most fantastic feeling in the world. I can't ask for more. God gave me more than I deserve, I believe. I always promise to love and care for them, my family. 

Two years after Cid and I got married, I can say that we have been there for each other. As we vowed in marriage, we keep our hands held every step of the way, braving life together and accepting both challenges and blessings. 

And as Cid walked into the room, it reminded me of one of our blessings as husband and wife, our two-year-old daughter Angela. 

"Hi, Mommy! Hi Baby Brother! Look who came to see you guys!" said Cid.

"Mommy! Baby!" giggling Angela said.

"Hi, precious! I miss you! Kiss Mommy! I showered her chubby cheeks with my soft kisses. Cid sat beside me in bed with Angela still in his arms. 

"What a perfect family picture! Let me see my grandson! How are you, Aya?" an excited Mama Jane came. 

"Mama J, Mama J!" said Angela.

"Come here, Baby A! Come to Mama J! Rick called me to say that he and your father Cid are on the way here."

"I better wait for them outside. I'll be back," said Cid as he left the room.

Mama Jane gave me a tight hug and kissed my cheek, and she cried a few tears at seeing the baby in my arms. 

"OMG! These are tears of joy again! He is the cutest!" said Mama Jane.

"I know, Mama Jane! Me too! I still can't believe that I am holding him right now!"

"By the way, everything is all set for Angela's birthday next week. Cid asked me to check on everything, and it surprised us that you had already prepared everything before birth. You beat me to it, Aya!"

"I know Cid is going to ask you, Mama Jane. I took care of everything. There is just one thing I haven't done. I wish to do it before Angela's birthday."

"What is it? I can do it for you."

"Hopefully, I can convince Cid this time, Mama Jane. I've wanted to bring Angela to visit Courtney in New York. I don't want to deprive her of knowing the truth about her biological mother. But I'm sure Cid will use my giving birth as a reason this time for not going."

"Well, he will be right on that. And I think Angela is still too young to understand. So, where did the time go? I just realized it's been two years."

"Yeah, two years..." I said as I remembered everything like it was just yesterday.