the photographs my boyfriend took

It was the weekend and Mikey was staying over at my house for the night. And my alarm had just startled us back awake. After what felt like half an hour of sleep.

"Babe, whyyy?" Mikey whined as I rolled over to slap my phone so it would shut up. Spoiler, it didn't work so I got blinded from my way too bright screen. My poor eyes.

My boyfriend tried his best to pull me back into his side to coax me back into cuddling and eventually sleeping. But I wanted to get these damn sunrise pictures done. "No, I need to get up. You can sleep if you want to though."

But of course he didn't want to because he secretly was just as clingy as me. That didn't stop Mikey from being cranky the whole time I set up my camera and put on warm clothes. "Who had the ridiculous idea to have the sun rise at this time of the day?"

"Mikey, Darling, the whole concept of day and night resolves around the sun and its rising and falling," I told my clearly not awake yet boyfriend giggling.

At least he nodded like I just gave him the answer to the question of life. He threw off his nightshirt and okay, that was pretty hot. But because it was fucking freezing, I couldn't enjoy the view for long as Mikey immediately pulled on a warm hoodie. Damn. "Yeah okay. But I need sleeep. Badly."

"And I need these pictures! We can even take a cute couple picture if you get your ass here already!" I shouted at him from the door. Well, not shouted exactly because then I would wake up my parents as well and we didn't want that.

Disoriented like a zombie, Mikey slumbed to me as I held out my hand for him to take. My boyfriend definitely wasn't a morning person. Well, I normally wasn't either but first, I was kind of excited to do something so sappy and cliché to watch the sunrise with my boyfriend and second, Mikey was being really adorable which gave me a boost of happiness. So I was wide awake at the moment.

As we walked across the street next to my house, hands swinging mindlessly the sky turned already this washed out blue colour right before the first deep red parts would come up. It was honestly a beautiful sight itself so I made Mikey stop with a tug on his hand.

"Get over there and kind of look not at me. Try to look relaxed, Babe," I instructed him, pointing at the point where the asphalt made space for the grass of the field.

Mikey complied and watched me fiddle around with my camera so I could get the right angle. I took a few shots of him staring in the distance, the blueish orange lights behind him so he was practically only a silhouette but you could still see the ghost of a smile on his features. Damn, it was beautiful. Mikey was beautiful.

After I took the picture, I threw myself at my boyfriend who caught me confused but didn't really have the time to speak as I pressed my lips softly to his.

He made a little noise of surprise hut eased into the kiss immediately. It was soft and cute, both of us not awake enough to properly make out.

As I pulled away, I decided that this field was better than the one I originally picked out. Or maybe I was too lazy to walk. But who cared?

"What was that for?" Mikey asked me amused as he watched me once again getting in position.

I knelt down and looked how it would look with the ground perspective and decided that I would give it a try. "For your beauty. Love you, Baby."

It was cute to watch him hide away behind his hands in embarrassment. Even cuter as his voice actually got this little squeak it only got when he was flustered. "If anyone is beautiful here, that's you, Y/N and you know it."

"But I can't compete with your beauty. Now shush Mikey, I need to concentrate for a minute, the sun is about to rise." That effectively stopped him from further denying his good looks and even got me a beautiful shot.