the taste of ink pt.2

I was cleaning up my tattoo machine when I heard the familiar jiggle of the front door. It was incredibly busy today for some reason and any other Friday I would seriously consider to stab the next person that asked a dumb question. But not today. Because yesterday, I had been at the best concert of my life and on top of that had convinced Bert to take the first shift so I was well rested.

So now, I could tell the customer with a genuine smile that it would be just a second.

"Sure thing."

At the voice, my smile grew into an almost painful grin and I let the tattoo machine be tattoo machine and came out of the staff room. "Hey Mikey!"

"Sup?" The bassist said with a lopsided grin and readjusted the collar of his jacket.

For a second I contemplated to not attack him right away. Of course that thought went out of the window because I was hyper. "The concert was so awesome! Thank you so much for the tickets! I can't believe how close you got me to the stage!"

Mikey watched me amused as I had to hold in the jumps and instead settled for talking with my whole body. "I admit that there are perks in being the main act. You said I could come in any time?"

"Oh yeah sure," I nodded enthusiastically and stopped me last second from dragging him to the chair myself, "just sit down, I'll get the tattoo machine and the ink."

I heard him laugh as I walked out of the room. Mikey had to stop being so cute. And immediately after that thought, I had to stop myself because no I would not let my celebrity crush on him escalate. He was my customer and if I started drooling, he would run.

Brought back to earth by overthinking dearest, I came back to Mikey with his jacket off in an easy white t-shirt. Damn, he was pale.

"Tadaa!" I exclaimed and sat down on my stool next to him.

Mikey laughed again. "You're cheery today."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, it's cute," he said nonchalantly and I had to catch the ink pot before it fell to the ground.

Did Mikey Way just called me cute? Okay, someone pinch me, this had to be a dream.

Oblivious to my thoughts, Mikey extended his arm for me to wipe down so I got the antiseptic and tried to be as gentle as possible with the lightly red skin. After that, I got the black ink and started to fill out the body, sparing the lightning. Once again, I felt Mikey leaning over to watch what I was doing.

His intense stare made me nervous. And when I was nervous, I babbled. "You know what my favourite part was yesterday? When everyone in the audience sang Welcome To The Black Parade. You didn't need to do a thing and the whole stadium was singing. It was magical and I thought that this must be the best feeling in the world. Standing up there on the stage and the whole stadium sings something you created. Doesn't that give you goosebumps? Or is that normal for you by now? If I should stop talking, you have to stop me because I don't want to make you uncomfortable and I totally get that you're also just a person and all and-"

I got interrupted by yet another loud laugh from Mikey. Naturally, my first thought was that he was laughing at me, so I shut up quickly and leaned over his arm, preparing myself for an awkward rest of the session. Luckily that wasn't the case. "Yeah, that feeling is magical. I saw you dancing by the way."

And then he. Winked. At me. That was a fucking emotional rollercoaster here. Now, I busied myself with refilling the ink and not blushing. That wasn't even a comment worth blushing over and here we were.

"Uhm-" I cleared my throat, "-I uh hope that I wasn't too awkward."

"No, you looked comfortable and that's all that counts," Mikey assured me and tensed his arm as the needle got under his skin a little too forcefully.